Random Chit Chat

I am one of those that keeps telling everyone to finger the vaccine!! I haven't even thought about getting that stupid med shot. I have never had it, don't think i will get it! Myself, i think its all bull shit to begin with. Its like the flu shot. Everytime i got the stupid shot i got the dammed flu!!. I don't take that one anymore since i left the military! If i had the flu it never felt like when i took that shot! I don't think i ever had that since i left the military.

Well after gaming on an overclocked 2500k it does get the job done but damn you can tell the difference in general tasks. I wish I had a 2600k to compare it to because I think the extra threads would make all the difference.
eh.... I use a 2600K but it has been castrated from that Melt Down vulnerability update.

May those who left us due to Covid-19 rest in peace.

Immunity is required here to use public facilities and moving around people. Be it by recovery or by vaccination any number of times. Only international trips require two shots regardless to a recovery immunity.

Current active cases here now are ~2,345 as I last saw it yesterday (two three four five...) and new and recovery cases are ~60 daily each which keeps the active cases holding up at that number. A restaurant I visited yesterday stopped dining-in distancing, and from experience no one does that without govt. permission/statements, but sanitizers, temp testers and masks are still there. I hope we get to zero cases soon. Of course it is not a matter of just waiting for it, efforts should be there. We still need to be careful. Colder weather closing and new variants possibility due to negligence should be seriously considered.

I think any 4-core Intel Core CPU with a low-end modern GPU is still good enough for any kind of 2D gaming and videos in HD. Just lately I re-built my i5 750 computer and gave it to my cousin for office use. I tried emulation with some advanced post-processing on the fly (edge enhancement and such; CPU heavy) on it and it worked without a hitch. Emulation is a big part of my entertainment. With the SATA SSD and 8GB 1600Mhz RAM in it any normal-weight software I threw at it worked great and fast. I put a heavy Linux distro on it in both apps and enhancement. Forgot what it was.

I think any 4-core Intel Core CPU with a low-end modern GPU is still good enough for any kind of 2D gaming and videos in HD. Just lately I re-built my i5 750 computer and gave it to my cousin for office use. I tried emulation with some advanced post-processing on the fly (edge enhancement and such; CPU heavy) on it and it worked without a hitch. Emulation is a big part of my entertainment. With the SATA SSD and 8GB 1600Mhz RAM in it any normal-weight software I threw at it worked great and fast. I put a heavy Linux distro on it in both apps and enhancement. Forgot what it was.
This is a heavily OC'd 2500k @ 4.5GHz with 16GB 1866, 240GB HyperX PCI-E SSD (pre-NVMe), and a pair of Titan Xp's (not in SLI, it's my other mining machine). Playing at 1440p res it games great like you would think with a better than 1080ti card but less than 2080 card. My usual main rig settings on CoD MW I get between 90 and 100fps. Halo about 150fps. RL pegged at 250. BF4-V 90-120fps. Problem is in regular tasks within Windows you can definitely tell where it's aged compared to the newer stuff. When you go from buttery smooth transitions and having multiple things open without CPU being pegged at 100% constantly to chugging on opening a browser or the start menu taking a while to open up it gets noticeable. When certain games are played that are more CPU bound (less FPS, more RPG/RTS) it gets more apparent on the gaming side. The average framerates in the FPS games are fantastic if looking at a sheet of numbers, but the frametimes sometimes spiking because of CPU usage being so high lessens the experience with stutters. This is why I said native quad, because I feel if I had an i7 2600k or 2700k it wouldn't be such an issue.

Sorry to hear about your losses, and no it does not. The vaccine does jack all.

Better immune system, and being younger.

Thank you PP for your condolences. I think so as well. I believe all vaccines are useless and believe that natural immunity was the reason most other viruses disappeared as well. That's just my opinion. My observations influenced my opinion.

Anyone here get a search screen called Freshy? Don't know when but don't see how it did get into my on-line browser. I cannot seem to be able to find where it will to be removed from the browser. any comments or suggestions as to how to remove it? Is this something that firefox uses?

Anyone here get a search screen called Freshy? Don't know when but don't see how it did get into my on-line browser. I cannot seem to be able to find where it will to be removed from the browser. any comments or suggestions as to how to remove it? Is this something that firefox uses?
You can get Malwarebytes free version and AdwCleaner. Run those two and it'll clean up any thing that is hijacking your browser, Update first before running.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/solutions/free-antivirus
https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner

Back
Top Bottom