Random Chit Chat

My lord that is terrible, I'm so sorry. If I might ask, what caused it?
She had been battling a nutritional deficiency for the last 5 years which required her to be hooked up to an IV for 12 hours per day to retrieve her nutrition (This is called TPN). She originally went into the hospital due to an infection at the input port for her IV. It is not clear what exactly happened but they gave her some medicine to fight the infection which she had an adverse reaction to. After they gave her medicine to counteract the first medicine, she had a seizure and then various systems in her body starting shutting down like her breathing, liver, kidneys, etc... which caused her to go into a coma. Her blood pressure dropped very low and she nearly died then but they were able to bring her blood pressure back up. She started to be able to breathe on her own and her liver and kidney functions came back. It looked like she was going to recover but she remained in a coma. They did an MRI and discovered that she had suffered major brain damage. That's when they advised us to remove her from life support.

This is the 2nd daughter of ours that we lost. 32 years ago, we lost our 1 month old baby daughter (born 13 weeks premature). That daughter had a twin who survived and is now married with 1 son.

No parent should ever outlive their child, it is a very horrible experience.

I am so very sorry, Stroll. We lost two babies (miscarriage and three months premature) but not a grown child. We only have our one daughter. I lost my sister when she was 27, two weeks after graduating with her PhD from Auburn; it was rough on me but my parents took it pretty bad.

I have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.

This month has been a shitty one.

Earlier this month our 30 year old daughter went in the hospital, the following day she went into a coma. While that was going on, we had to put our 19 year old dog, that we had since she was a pup, to sleep. A few days later I learned that a good friend of mine lost his fight with cancer.

After our daughter was in a coma for several weeks, they told us that she had suffered major brain damage and advised us to take her off life support. It was a difficult decision but we consented. She passed away 4 days later.

2 days left in this rotten month. What else can go wrong?
I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and family. :(

She had been battling a nutritional deficiency for the last 5 years which required her to be hooked up to an IV for 12 hours per day to retrieve her nutrition (This is called TPN). She originally went into the hospital due to an infection at the input port for her IV. It is not clear what exactly happened but they gave her some medicine to fight the infection which she had an adverse reaction to. After they gave her medicine to counteract the first medicine, she had a seizure and then various systems in her body starting shutting down like her breathing, liver, kidneys, etc... which caused her to go into a coma. Her blood pressure dropped very low and she nearly died then but they were able to bring her blood pressure back up. She started to be able to breathe on her own and her liver and kidney functions came back. It looked like she was going to recover but she remained in a coma. They did an MRI and discovered that she had suffered major brain damage. That's when they advised us to remove her from life support.

This is the 2nd daughter of ours that we lost. 32 years ago, we lost our 1 month old baby daughter (born 13 weeks premature). That daughter had a twin who survived and is now married with 1 son.

No parent should ever outlive their child, it is a very horrible experience.
Many condolences, and I absolutely agree. My kid has a lot of accidents where he hits his head because he's very clumsy and I think about that a lot. I hope I never have to see that day.

Man, not a single all-in-one emulation front-end has all features I'm looking for. Not a single one. Why don't the developers join hands and combine all the features in one build? It would be epic!

My Aunt and Uncle from Daytona Beach Florida of USA just recently passed away from the Delta variant after my aunt was diagnosed with pneumonia and was sent to the ER and was exposed to the virus. My Aunt was exposed because the hospital had a staggering amount of patients overcrowding the hallways. When my aunt was released, she exposed my cousin and my uncle. My cousin survived and my Uncle did not. All were fully vaccinated and still passed away except my cousin who just had a mild case. Please be careful everyone. Apparently it doesn't matter if your fully vaccinated or not. I shared allot of great memories with my Aunt and Uncle. Both were good to me. I planted a memorial tree and placed an angel plaque and my sister purchased a beautiful boutique at the funeral in loving memory of my Aunt and Uncle. :cry:

I just wonder if it was natural immunity that kept my cousin alive or was it the vaccine?

And........ this so called vaccine does what? It's really and truly not a "vaccine" as we grew up with that term. A real vaccine has dead parts of a virus the our bodies build up an immunity too. This stuff is an mRNA and works by attempting to change your DNA?
I am not one of those anti-vax peeps. I've gotten both of my covid mRNA shots but I do question it.

Back
Top Bottom