Random Chit Chat

And that's a bad thing if you ask marketing departments generally. There is a good reason next to noone else does this...Apple, Google do proper versioning because you can advertise it. iOS with some new updates is boring. iOS 15 is new and shiny.

Anyway, I doubt Windows 11 will be anything drastically different or new.
That's why nobody asks them. When you have a crippling worldwide grip on the market share you don't need to worry about marketing your product, only making sure you retain it. Microsoft learned with XP to 8.1 that people don't want to change OS, so numbered or "full fledged upgrades" wouldn't work and why they adopted the Apple way of things with a planned obsolescence for the older OS's.

Not just older OS's.... but in following Apple, M$ is putting version numbers into obsolescence in as little as 1.5 yrs. for support.
H121 starts on 5/18/21 and ends 12/13/22

Last edited:
That's why nobody asks them. When you have a crippling worldwide grip on the market share you don't need to worry about marketing your product, only making sure you retain it. Microsoft learned with XP to 8.1 that people don't want to change OS, so numbered or "full fledged upgrades" wouldn't work and why they adopted the Apple way of things with a planned obsolescence for the older OS's.

True, but updates are free... and selling a billion copies of Windows 11 at even a cheap amount of dollars seems like too good amount revenue opportunity to miss. Seems like they are doing it anyway so I guess they have their reasons.

True, but updates are free... and selling a billion copies of Windows 11 at even a cheap amount of dollars seems like too good amount revenue opportunity to miss. Seems like they are doing it anyway so I guess they have their reasons.
Except they gave W10 for free to most all of those users on W7 anyways. THey make more money mining our data like social media than they do on the OS.

Why the edit? I saw your OP yesterday but didn't have time to respond. There's definitely a hackathon going on right now. Had somebody try to get into my Steam twice yesterday. Lots of extra spam call/text, extra spam bots on social media, it's getting out of hand.
I love Slack, but I wonder how they leaked it. Posted it in the wrong channel or something I guess.
Source code being used not retained to air gapped servers. It seems anybody working remote had access to assets remotely and links/passwords/IPs/etc must have been shared via Slack between employees. Some social engineering helped them gain access to Slack to pull the creds then was granted access to their code servers completely bypassing all infosec.

Edit: My bad, they purchased a cookie to gain access to the companies Slack, then used social engineering on the IT folks to gain access to corporate networks and pulled the code. Still bypassing infosec. Man that's bad lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom