Random Chit Chat

Okay random rant.

A friend of mine from elsewhere in Europe is in his mid 20's, has never had a job, all he does is an art course at a high school for a few hours 2 days a week. The government gives him a few hundred euros each month to live off while he is a student. He has no debt, is in good health, does not have any kids, a house, or a car to pay for. Basically he has no stresses in life. Other than the circa 4 hours a week he has at school painting, he does whatever he wants all day. And I don't have a problem with any of this, I am very pro people living their lives however they want to live them.

But what is annoying me is two things, one that he keeps telling me how he doesn't have much free time because he's "busy". And the other, he keeps telling me he is stressed a lot. Okay maybe he is stressed about his future and having to get a full time job or something ? nope. He is stressed about the world and climate change and that kind of thing. And honestly it is just annoying me. I keep telling him, boy you wouldn't be stressing yourself out about crap like that if you had a full time job, a house, girlfriend and kids and all that jazz to figure out day to day. He's literally stressed because he has absolutely nothing to occupy his thoughts with. And then back to the "busy" part... well this is just ridiculous. I told him he should do something constructive with all his spare time like write a book or do a massive piece of art or whatever, but he says he can't because he's busy (?). So when I probe him on what the hell he is busy doing, it turns out he counts being busy for a day if he has to do literally anything. Like he will spend 20 minutes buying food from the store, and he counts that as being busy for the day, therefor all he has time for is watching netflix and playing a lot of games - no time to do anything productive.

Just something very irritating about someone who has all the free time in the world and basically nothing of any significance to stress about... telling me he is both stressed and busy... i want to slap him with the reality of being a normal adult.

/rant
You can try as hard as you may.....but ya can't fix stupid. Nope...ain't going to happen.

^ Sounds like someone needs to kick him in the ass and tell him to grow the hell up.

Sounds like my ex.

You can try as hard as you may.....but ya can't fix stupid. Nope...ain't going to happen.

The joke is he's actually a smart guy. But he's lazy so he never applies himself academically and wastes his time on art lessons. He is absolutely convinced he will be rich one day because he'll be a successful artist or author, and he's so convinced of this he uses it as the reason as to why he doesn't do anything. He just thinks it'll happen one day. I asked him where the book he wrote is that will make him rich, and he told me he will start it there and then since I asked. Well more than 4 months later and he has written 5 pages so far. Now he says that his rich business owner friend will give him a good job whenever he decides to start working...

Amongst all this he has the audacity to tell people they're not doing that well when they say they have new jobs and stuff. He'll reply with something like "That's not a great salary but it's okay for you I suppose".

The joke is he's actually a smart guy. But he's lazy so he never applies himself academically and wastes his time on art lessons. He is absolutely convinced he will be rich one day because he'll be a successful artist or author, and he's so convinced of this he uses it as the reason as to why he doesn't do anything. He just thinks it'll happen one day. I asked him where the book he wrote is that will make him rich, and he told me he will start it there and then since I asked. Well more than 4 months later and he has written 5 pages so far. Now he says that his rich business owner friend will give him a good job whenever he decides to start working...
Zoomer mentality. Don't want any rules, don't want to do anything, think fame is how many followers you have online, and no understanding of the concept of work and money. Sit there playing Roblox all day thinking life will just be handed to them when they're out of school.

I have a buddy that is retired like me. I try to get him to do various things with me such as meet for lunch or go to a movie. If I don't ask him 2 weeks in advance, he always tells me he is too busy. I've asked him what he does all day that keeps him so busy and his answer is that he mostly sits and watches TV!

Another thing that seems to make him unavailable for anything else is that, if he has something to do in the morning that will take 2 hours, for some reason that I don't understand, he cannot plan anything else for that afternoon!

A few weeks back we had plans to meet for lunch but he got an appointment to get vaccinated so he cancelled our lunch plans. 2 weeks later when he got his 2nd vaccination he also cancelled the lunch plans we had that day. For both my vaccination shots, I got the shot and then met him for lunch the same day, no problem.

He always wants me to help him fix something on his computer but when I tell him that I'll come by tomorrow he says that he is busy but will let me know when. Basically, he is ALWAYS busy so never has me come over. I did get him to install TeamViewer on his computer so I can help him with small issues but he has issues that require me to access the physical computer which he complains about but is always too busy for me to come over.

He has always been a car model builder, has belonged to a model builder's club for many years and is very active in it. He's been retired for about 5 years now and can you guess how many car models he has built in those 5 years? Exactly ZERO. I've told him that I don't understand why he doesn't pursue the hobby that he is very passionate about but he is "just too busy"!

I have a buddy that is retired like me. I try to get him to do various things with me such as meet for lunch or go to a movie. If I don't ask him 2 weeks in advance, he always tells me he is too busy. I've asked him what he does all day that keeps him so busy and his answer is that he mostly sits and watches TV!

Another thing that seems to make him unavailable for anything else is that, if he has something to do in the morning that will take 2 hours, for some reason that I don't understand, he cannot plan anything else for that afternoon!

A few weeks back we had plans to meet for lunch but he got an appointment to get vaccinated so he cancelled our lunch plans. 2 weeks later when he got his 2nd vaccination he also cancelled the lunch plans we had that day. For both my vaccination shots, I got the shot and then met him for lunch the same day, no problem.

He always wants me to help him fix something on his computer but when I tell him that I'll come by tomorrow he says that he is busy but will let me know when. Basically, he is ALWAYS busy so never has me come over. I did get him to install TeamViewer on his computer so I can help him with small issues but he has issues that require me to access the physical computer which he complains about but is always too busy for me to come over.

He has always been a car model builder, has belonged to a model builder's club for many years and is very active in it. He's been retired for about 5 years now and can you guess how many car models he has built in those 5 years? Exactly ZERO. I've told him that I don't understand why he doesn't pursue the hobby that he is very passionate about but he is "just too busy"!
Laziness.

Zoomer mentality. Don't want any rules, don't want to do anything, think fame is how many followers you have online, and no understanding of the concept of work and money. Sit there playing Roblox all day thinking life will just be handed to them when they're out of school.

Pretty much. He's weird, in some ways he is super mature and I think he's like a 60yo wise man. But then he also pulls this shit at the same time.

Your friend and my friend sound basically the same!

Laziness.

Yep. I'd say I have a propensity to be lazy some of the time... but I don't expect any good outcome from it. When i'm lazy I just expect to lose my job and become homeless. So atleast I am in touch with the reality of being lazy :sneaky: but fortunately I avoid it mostly. I get on with my shit most days of the week.

Back
Top Bottom