Random Chit Chat

Mine has no cats. Unless the other boxes are considered cats as well. Cats are the boxes at the beginning of the tailpipe right after the manifold, AFAIK, and the other boxes are mufflers and some other names I don't recall at the moment.

Maybe some things last forever after all...
Just like the songs I hear in steak houses!

Mine has no cats. Unless the other boxes are considered cats as well. Cats are the boxes at the beginning of the tailpipe right after the manifold, AFAIK, and the other boxes are mufflers and some other names I don't recall at the moment.

Just like the songs I hear in steak houses!
Here in Texas we have to pass an emissions test, and most places have mirrors under the car to see your exhaust. If they roll up and see something they don't like it's an immediate fail. No cats, no pass.

Catalytic converters are usually round in shape after the manifold or header. The other boxes you're referring to are resonators or mufflers.

Those old "Cherry Bomb" mufflers looked a lot like a cat, you may have to hide part of it with a heatsheild. No emission test here, you can run whatever you like.

Cherry bombs are longer than cats and sit near the back or middle. In some newer vehicles they even have a 4 cat system so it'd be real obvious to spot. My car, straight pipe to Flowmaster Delta 10s dumped at the axle with an X pipe. I thought about getting some stock looking cat heat shield metal off a scrap car to tack onto the pipe around where the cat would be, but then my light is on because a lack of rear O2 sensors anyways. A lot of work to just be stuck at the computer process anyways.

5 years ago I bought some high flow cats from Pypes Exhaust but still haven't put them on. I even bought some angled adapters specifically to "bypass" rear O2 sensors. Just been waiting until I grab the actual resonators I want and have the money to drop on the shop to do it for me. They will need to cut the pipe to weld on the new cats, then cut off and weld in new bungs for the rear O2 sensors as well as rewire the connectors. Looking to make my car a little more quieter again while changing the sound with the new resonators. 4.6 2v is real damn raspy with my setup between 2200 and 2600rpm.

We have an emission test in the periodic car inspection here but the presence of the cats is not important. They only check the fumes with a long probe inserted into the tailpipe (I'm glad I'm not a car). Perhaps the safe amounts to pass don't require cats at least in my car.

We have an emission test in the periodic car inspection here but the presence of the cats is not important. They only check the fumes with a long probe inserted into the tailpipe (I'm glad I'm not a car). Perhaps the safe amounts to pass don't require cats at least in my car.
That was before that was a thing. Anything past 25 years here doesn't require an emissions test. In 2024 I won't have to worry about it.

Okay, I'm looking for a trade mark that's available on social media and I found Genteel Choice. What do you think of it? Does it make sense? The business is about elegant merchandise like tea, coffee and deserts, and also non consumable home wear like vases, utensils and cups that fit with those consumables.

And does it; the exact wording "Genteel Choice", mean that the choice is genteel or that it is a choice of a genteel person? Gotta have to translate that to Arabic too.

Back
Top Bottom