Random Chit Chat

strollin, your looking at the stim checks you got from the previous administration. We will not know fully what we will be liable for until the tax changes are made public for 2021 returns in 2022

Last edited:
strollin, your looking at the stim checks you got from the previous administration. We will not know fully what we will be liable for until the tax changes are made public for 2021 returns in 2022
It's not a tax thing, it's more of an advance. That money originally already came from our taxes, they just wanted it back during tax season. That amount from the previous two stims came out of our refunds. Whether they do it again next year who knows, but I'm not taking that chance. The last thing I want to do is owe them after their plandemic but I'm twisting it so I make a nice profit from it too. I knew it'd come to this, I should have started full time mining last year.

I can't confirm whether returns are needed for retired or 1099 folks, but after asking over 20 people with standard W4s that received one or both checks we all had money taken out or canceled out due to the previous two stims. The ones who had kids filed for 2019 taxes that got more money only had the standard amount revoked instead of the full amount they got after adding kids. For instance I filed 2019 and 2018 with my son so I got the extra amount during first stim, did not receive second in January. When clicking first option for 2020 stim it marked -1200 (when I got 1700 I believe), then clicking no for 2021 stim it went back to 0. All the other people I spoke to had a similar experience. The ones who didn't get either got a full amount added to their refund. The ones who got both (like my spouse) had 2400 taken out of what would normally be their child credits (1000 per child I believe). Last year she got back around 11k and this year it's about 7.5k. After calculating her raised tax bracket from her promotion that settles right in the 2400 mark.

If that wasn't the case I'd be getting the Jan stim on top of my current refund so I'd get almost 1600, but instead only getting a little over 300 (no kid to file this year, so not getting the 1,000 child credit). Funny thing, I checked status for current stim and says no info available for me.

Gees, Will get it , smaller. bigger, taxed for it, not taxed for it..Does anyone know if you make 30,000 a year when we have the check in our hands if we would have to pay taxes next year? Haven't paid taxes in over 20 years now. Income too low for taxes. Can't seem to find a correct answer anywhere. And we haven't got that POS check yet! Was told we would get the $2800.00 bucks. don't know if to expect or not a check!

30k is not too low for taxes. You have to make less than 650 a month.

Thats combined, Actually less than 30,000. more like 26000 total combined. So sounds like i file taxes next year. No worries, i have way more deductions to off set what they would want.

The word stimulus sounded like a dangerous words to me before I knew what it meant.
analprobe.gif

Gees, Will get it , smaller. bigger, taxed for it, not taxed for it..Does anyone know if you make 30,000 a year when we have the check in our hands if we would have to pay taxes next year? Haven't paid taxes in over 20 years now. Income too low for taxes. Can't seem to find a correct answer anywhere. And we haven't got that POS check yet! Was told we would get the $2800.00 bucks. don't know if to expect or not a check!
This is the exact thing that personally irks me about the stimulus. We have enough income that we don't even need the stimulus, won't really make a difference in our lives, yet we got ours right away. Meanwhile, there are plenty of people out there that need the money way more than we do that are kept waiting.

Wish they could tailor the stimulus to make sure it goes immediately to those in most need!

Yeah, I found out i am in this bull shit with chase and wells fargo. They are being a bunch of shit heads! I think i need to find me another bank to do business with.

This is the exact thing that personally irks me about the stimulus. We have enough income that we don't even need the stimulus, won't really make a difference in our lives, yet we got ours right away. Meanwhile, there are plenty of people out there that need the money way more than we do that are kept waiting.

Wish they could tailor the stimulus to make sure it goes immediately to those in most need!
I agree. I see too many people waiting on it to buy shit they don't need, it's obvious they don't need the money yet they get it first. In fact, they have all said they receive theirs on the 17th.

Back
Top Bottom