Random Chit Chat

Perhaps if the coverage is wide enough, dish adjustment won't be a huge issue? I've seen cars with satellite dishes, and cars move around (cars do move ahead and back too). Either the dishes adjust automatically or the coverage is so wide. Or perhaps I'm missing something.
Starlink is going to use multiple sats around the globe so you should not have to re-adjust. Heavy cloud cover and snow for the global far northern and southern areas could make it more of an issue.

Already addressed lol.
This is why the dish is engineered the way it is, because it's really connecting to multiple units rather than a singular one. Multiple dbs of connection to multiple sats is why things like clouds shouldn't interfere with signal outside of the grid being a much lower orbit than things like Hughesnet and DirecTV/Dish.
I guess let me reiterate what's already been iterated except in a different way. It's more like long range wifi than it is a traditional satellite signal.

Well the globe has many sides. Hopefully those artificial stars are all around the world so we can get a signal here too. On this far away planet I live in. They call it Saudi Arabia :ROFLMAO:

Back about 10 years or so, My RV had a in-motion sat system that wouldn't let you loose signal at all "unless tunnels Maybe." I couldn't get into tunnels as i had propane on board. I went down between the buildings in New York City. If they could do that, then this Starlink should be even better. Hope so. They launched another rocket with satellites aboard. I have lost count with how many of those little satellites he has put up there. I would say he has most of what he planned to launch. Best thing to do is go to his site and see what he has in your neck of the woods and how much speed you can get in your area. Good luck

Well the globe has many sides. Hopefully those artificial stars are all around the world so we can get a signal here too. On this far away planet I live in. They call it Saudi Arabia :ROFLMAO:
System will be global once it's finished.
Back about 10 years or so, My RV had a in-motion sat system that wouldn't let you loose signal at all "unless tunnels Maybe." I couldn't get into tunnels as i had propane on board. I went down between the buildings in New York City. If they could do that, then this Starlink should be even better. Hope so. They launched another rocket with satellites aboard. I have lost count with how many of those little satellites he has put up there. I would say he has most of what he planned to launch. Best thing to do is go to his site and see what he has in your neck of the woods and how much speed you can get in your area. Good luck
Currently 1,035 with about 60 per launch to total 1,440 by the end of the year approved by the FCC. The initial approved design is for 30,000 and they intend to extend that to 42,000 Gen 2 units. The ones they are shooting up now making the beta for 10,000 people are about 340 miles in the air. The second wave will be the highest ones at 690 miles.

Might have to check that out. I'm currently using VLC Media Player. Today I just got a DAC (digital audio converter) shipped to my home so I connect my vintage amp to my pc. Still have to finish with these speakers though... but it has been too cold out to do anything in my garage. Like sanding and drilling the wood

Back
Top Bottom