Random Chit Chat

Is $62 USD for a 100mbps/20mbps internet package (down/up) a good price? Suddenly they gave me this connection without a notification. It was 40/10 (55/10 effective) before. Originally it was 20/1 but it kept increasing with new pricing. Here when they upgrade a package they activate it for us immediately except for some rare cases.

How much were you paying previously for the 40/10? Looks like you more than doubled you download speed and you did double your upload. If you costs have not doubled then it might be o.k. for you.

CoL/area variables aside it really depends. Is that good for the country areas here? Yea. For the city? No. If I remember our conversation right you're getting what others can't so I'd say that's probably good.

I'm paying 75 for 200/10. My ISP just doubled the DL for "free" recently, but had bumped up the price from 70 to 75 about six or seven months ago. 62 for 100/20 is a good price to me.

Prices here are ass-tronomical. $62 is the price I've even been paying for all of the above. It started with the 20/1mbps (was $53 actually before VAT showed up with the first upgrade of 25/1). That's just for the VDSL2 and FTTH. When broadband started here, 256kbps started with $214 :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and that final package upgrade is not allowed over FTTH lines. It's for copper lines only, what I started with. When FTTH first came, it was allowed to move the copper line package to FTTH if a technical problem held it back. Now there's no such a thing. I'm still on it, tho, because they don't change contracts unless the I allow it. So upgrades to a package come in for nothing.

It's kinda complicated. The package I'm on actually gives the maximum speed copper lines in my area can reach. And it's only 40/10 over VDSL2+. I think I'm getting more because I managed to move the package to FTTH which does not have this limitation.

Internet is expensive in the part of the world. Perhaps due to the distance from world servers that requires expensive overseas cables and those weird looking upwards satellite dishes.

It really does depend not only in what country you live...but where too. If your in a rural area you might not anything better than dial up, but as PP pointed out in the city you'll do much better, again depends what state you are in within the U.S. I can not comment on cost in other countries. Here where I am, I am now getting about 450Mpbs down and about 24 up for $70. a month until May

It really does depend not only in what country you live...but where too. If your in a rural area you might not anything better than dial up, but as PP pointed out in the city you'll do much better, again depends what state you are in within the U.S. I can not comment on cost in other countries. Here where I am, I am now getting about 450Mpbs down and about 24 up for $70. a month until May
Until May? You on a plan? I guess i am lucky. My plan is with dish. They appointed me to Spectrum. No plan. They put the Spectrum bill on there bill. Got to be better plans than one that raises the bill after a year or two. I have Dish Networks plans and so far they haven't raised my costs. No plan so i can leave anytime and can also change my plans if needed. I know there are lots of folks that use internet to watch tv Look for plans with no planned internet, If they have them in your part of that country. Biggest bang for the bucks is pretty much the way to go. That price is not really that bad for internet. Its close to what i pay.

I do not use Dish, or regular cable tv. I cut the cord and have 19 local channels for free and for $20 I use Philo for any live cable tv internet... like Discovery and History...ect. Philo provides 80 cable tv channels over the internet for $20. I do not pay those "administrative" cable tv, franchise or sports channel fees and excessive taxes that I use to get, and I get cable tv for a hellava lot less though the internet. Yup.. my contract with Concast expires in May. Not sure what I'm going to do as of yet.
So for $20. I get about 100 tv channels through over the air and internet, that is regardless of who my ISP is or what they charge

Last edited:
Yea he's in Saudi which is why I originally said CoL/Area variables aside and could only compare to areas here in the states. From our previous discussion it seemed he was the lucky one to get really good net whereas others couldn't get what he got.

Back
Top Bottom