Random Chit Chat

They talk about snow storms in midwest, how come we get a trace of rain? Dallas isn't any better this year. From the big storm in December left us with some rain, nothing else. Weather sucks. My weather station sends weather readings to cwop and nws here. Even my readings are not letting me get a handle to these storms.

March? Over in Maine it would be May!
LOL... I stated if we are lucky! I say that because I've seen it warm up to he 70's for a week back in '2013...I remember because we bought a car that year while it was warm in March. Also because all the fruit trees in Mich started to bud and of course it got cold again and killed the buds which caused a shortage for fresh fruit that year. Normally it does stay cold into May and getting snow in May is not unusual here either, But I would say it is our normal to see things start to change around mid-March and into early May.

Joe - My dad was born and raised in Michigan and hearing of the kind of weather you have there makes me very glad he decided to move to California back in the early 50's! Our family had flour and grist mills on various rivers in Michigan for quite a few generations. There's even a small town in that state that is named xxxxville (xxxx being our family name).

The east coast is getting hammered but here we are in between storms. Yesterday it was 71 degrees and so far 50 outside. Tomorrow we are getting parts of the next storm romping across the nation. Whats that saying, Its never over till its over.

I have had to put my layout on a holding pattern. No more. I have finished laying down track and today, i ran my first train ever! My layout is running Dcc, or digital Command Control. Two of my engines have on-board sound installed. Way cool. I have two others that don't have sound but still dcc. Link shows my first runs on the layout. For those of you that may have the same hobbie i started this layout in 2011. Its still not finished, but way cool to just get part of it running!

Back
Top Bottom