Random Chit Chat

Welp... Long story short, My wife's health has been in decline for years now, and I cannot pay two households bills...

There is a lot more to it, but that's the skinny version, without getting upset at the whole situation. But I will say it sucks having to make hard decisions with family.

Couldn't find my old thread so will kick it up here. Some may know my computer died after the fans on my CPU died. It followed right after and looked like 3 of the 4 sticks were burned. Maybe the board too. Anyway i was getting another board but not the one i really wanted. But where this one came with CPU and Ram and another fan too. The board didn't have a video card on it so i tried the Asus GPU i had here. Its a RX-570. I was so glad it still worked!! Now Fragile stands for "Drop Kick this Sucker! Somehow the on-board sound would not work in windows 7. I was able to use the ssd i had but i lost space on the card. I tried to wipe the drive and reinstall but that didn't work. I am getting a new ssd. I lost about 100 gigs of the space. Now, the goodies. Its a AS Rock motherboard, M3A770de and a athlon 2 255. Its a ddr3 board and i got 16 gigs of ram with it. Everything is working. I had a Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 laying around. I can't remember what i needed it for. I was going to throw it away, but somehow i didn't do it. Good thing ! Anyway i will be doing a couple of things to it, a 6 core processor and new CPU cooler. This board was early windows 10 later Windows 7. I am running 7 right now but when i get the new ssd i will be going to windows 10. Using my back up drive windows 10 worked perfect, So i just need to get my new card and i will have it. I think i may keep the current ssd for the games in it that won't play in windows 10. This system is 5-6 years old but that is way newer than what i had in 2010. Will see how it goes. I still plan on a Ryzen set up. Maybe for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom