Random Chit Chat

Another place that stays open is Duncan Donuts thats coffee but most of them have i think its baskin robins ice cream too. They sale IceCream cakes and soft serve. regular ice cream. pretty much like DQ's Not sure on the spelling. o well...

Baskin-Robbins (got the right spelling for ya) here does not have soft serve. They only have balls (dunno what those scooped ice cream balls are called). Now that I think about it, that name soft serve gives me the creeps.

QUOTE="Joe C, post: 3373415, member: 78476"]
I would guess they do that because nobody wants soft-serve ice-cream when it is -10f outside during the winter
[/QUOTE]
Should have know cold winter was involved (dunno northern areas over there gets that cold). Then again I heard Maine gets really cold too yet WD says DQ runs all year long.

what are your winters like?
Not much. Typically ~25C and rarely less than 20C that in good days. The lowest I remember was 9C during a rainy thunderstorm like 10 years ago. And that's half the winter only. The other half is ~30C. This is the Western area of the country and it sucks.

"scoops" are what they are called. ;)

Winter in my area is fairly mild. I am in the Tennessee Valley so snow only happens two or three times a winter, and usually not much accumulation. Every once in a while we get a good one, though. Temps will get down below freezing at night and a few times during the day for a week or two at a time. We are due a good cold one.

I was there in 1989 i think it was and had a snowfall that just wouldn't quit. I went from Northern Virginia to Nashville With snow just coming down really good. It was two feet at least when i finally got to Nashville. When all was said and done we had 3+ feet of that white stuff. In February it had a cold spell. where temps went down to below freezing like -20 degrees. Had ice cream. I had Ice cream!!!

I was there in 1989 i think it was and had a snowfall that just wouldn't quit. I went from Northern Virginia to Nashville With snow just coming down really good. It was two feet at least when i finally got to Nashville. When all was said and done we had 3+ feet of that white stuff. In February it had a cold spell. where temps went down to below freezing like -20 degrees. Had ice cream. I had Ice cream!!!
That was up on the plateau, Dan. I am down near Chattanooga, about 12 miles from the Georgia line. They will get hella snow and we will get some light rain. Sucks TBH.

Snow? What's that? Just kidding! Last time, and it was the only time, I've seen snow for real was like 25 years ago in a cold region here. And it was so little you couldn't scoop.

Chattanooga? People over there must chat a lot.

Back
Top Bottom