Random Chit Chat

Update, Got all the usb's showing and everything is working but the sd drive. It almost has to be bricked. No matter which usb i plug it into, the computer won't recognize it. I used mini tool partition tool to format the sd. I even tried again. it see's it but the computer don't. Weird...yep, thats me...

I got it all working now. I used another program to make the copy of my iso bootable but that don't work. I get the feeling that windows is messing with me, Maybe its just that i hate them so much..

I got it all working now. I used another program to make the copy of my iso bootable but that don't work. I get the feeling that windows is messing with me, Maybe its just that i hate them so much..
This is probably the main reason why that I still use Windows 7 Pro
If I were you, I would zero out the entire drive with a low format and get a fresh clean install, get the latest drivers from your motherboards/manufactures web site and install the chipset drivers first.
Nothing wrong with trying out a Linux distro, you might consider a more user freindly version to get started first. And I would just install the Linux on a separate hard drive so it does not interfere with your windows install until you get more used to using Linux and it's command lines

Linux Mint is probably the best OS for beginners on the being new to Linux front. Its feature rich and has a really good dev team and their forums are some of the most maintained and best I've seen.

If I can help with anything but bare in mind I'm no expert give me a shout, I've been using LM since 17.3 and just the past two days I've upgraded to 19.3.

If your new to Linux Mint, the best bet will be 19.3 as its the most up to date stable version yet . 20 is released but will be taken up to version 20.1 , 20.2 , and finally 20.3 .

Its only after upgrading to version .3 that I settle on that particular distro until the next most up to date stable version is released.

You don't need to even have any code base experience IMO because the UI is so easy with the packages the dev team release upon each version being put out.

If youre interested in the security side of thing, I might be able to help. I've been running VPNs on my systems since 17.3, and have had to do a lot of reserch so I'm pretty familiar with thing. Despite being familiar my CMI or BASH knowledge is limited.

I'd recommend going for 19.3 . Hope that helps.

:)

Back
Top Bottom