Random Chit Chat

Oh, I'm talking 5-5.1Ghz all cores. Intel needs such speeds to actually rival AMD these days, I think. But overall cooling thru the CPU's life time is what I'm looking for. It gets really hot where I live and I keep my main rig CPU for 7-8 years if not more if they are really good.

Well I've had had it for the last decade now. I think. Wouldn't it be good to have the feeling you have unlimited storage?

Anyway, it's cartoons and games. Two HDD's for media, one for raw files (setups) and one for installations. I have my whole life's collection in them since 1995. Cartoons alone are found everywhere for free so it's easy to fill the storage with them. Japanese cartoons come out all year long and subbed from day one of episode release on TV. Imagine how much you can get of them.

They are still not full, so I guess I'm not doing something crazy really. Not yet, storage wise at least. I of course do crazy stuff otherwise.

And I just found out that the verb and the noun or the word "transfer" are pronounced differently. The heck?

And I just found out that the verb and the noun or the word "transfer" are pronounced differently. The heck?

i'd never pronounced them differently. :oops:

i have a 500g ssd for system, 2t 5400 hdd for storage and 1t 7200 removable hdd for archive.

Oh, I'm talking 5-5.1Ghz all cores. Intel needs such speeds to actually rival AMD these days, I think. But overall cooling thru the CPU's life time is what I'm looking for. It gets really hot where I live and I keep my main rig CPU for 7-8 years if not more if they are really good.
Nah, not really. In all reality I don't need to keep my chip on an all core OC for gaming either. I only do it because it's what I prefer to do (plus I'm under water). Intel's boost clock feature takes care of single thread performance quite nicely. As for heat over time, it's not a myth but the outcome is highly exaggerated. When you consider most laptop CPUs live their lives in the 90-100c range and most desktop CPUs in the 70s or below it's not really an issue. My 3960x lived its whole life around 85c @ 1.45v and it's still running every day there lol.
yo sg. what is it you have that need 14 t of storage? o_O
Did you not see mine in the other thread, over 100TB lol.

i'd never pronounced them differently. :oops:

i have a 500g ssd for system, 2t 5400 hdd for storage and 1t 7200 removable hdd for archive.

Google pronounces the verb "transfer" as /transfare/ or or something.

That storage is actually more than enough for normal people like you. I'm just crazy (other are more that I am for sure). You're not crazy, right?

Nah, not really. In all reality I don't need to keep my chip on an all core OC for gaming either. I only do it because it's what I prefer to do (plus I'm under water). Intel's boost clock feature takes care of single thread performance quite nicely. As for heat over time, it's not a myth but the outcome is highly exaggerated. When you consider most laptop CPUs live their lives in the 90-100c range and most desktop CPUs in the 70s or below it's not really an issue. My 3960x lived its whole life around 85c @ 1.45v and it's still running every day there lol.

I do OC when the CPU shows age, and that's like after 5 years. Did it with the 3570K only, tho. Since I play frequently, I keep the OC for ever instead of triggering it every time I play, and that's frequent.

How old is that 3960x ? My main rig is used for 7-8 years but that's not all. I build another rig with it's leftover CPU to live more 7-8 years at least. My brother is still using my old C2D E6600. Hmm, I wonder what happened to it? I hope he didn't brick it.

For how long did you own a (any) main rig with heavy frequent use? I love sharing such stuff!

Google pronounces the verb "transfer" as /transfare/ or or something.

That storage is actually more than enough for normal people like you. I'm just crazy (other are more that I am for sure). You're not crazy, right?

I do OC when the CPU shows age, and that's like after 5 years. Did it with the 3570K only, tho. Since I play frequently, I keep the OC for ever instead of triggering it every time I play, and that's frequent.

How old is that 3960x ? My main rig is used for 7-8 years but that's not all. I build another rig with it's leftover CPU to live more 7-8 years at least. My brother is still using my old C2D E6600. Hmm, I wonder what happened to it? I hope he didn't brick it.

For how long did you own a (any) main rig with heavy frequent use? I love sharing such stuff!
The 3960x is Sandy Bridge just like the 2500k, so almost 10 years old now. That platform is the longest running platform I've had that went through continuous use for 5 years. I only upgraded to X99 because I wanted NVMe support. Low and behold, since then I've modified the bios to support NVMe SSDs and the newer UEFI only GPUs (Pascal and up). It's still currently being used at the same clockspeed by my teenager but the board is being problematic (kinda always has but worse with W10 in full UEFI mode)

Oh, 3960x is Intel. I thought it was AMD in a rush. Also it's interesting that a Core i 3000 is Sandy, not Ivy.
Any long running AMD A/CPU's? I heard despite the the great improvement over Intel in some periods of time thru their life time so far, it's build quality and life span are not in par, even tho one would see they are close.

Oh, 3960x is Intel. I thought it was AMD in a rush. Also it's interesting that a Core i 3000 is Sandy, not Ivy.
Any long running AMD A/CPU's? I heard despite the the great improvement over Intel in some periods of time thru their life time so far, it's build quality and life span are not in par, even tho one would see they are close.
3960x is HEDT, the number scheme has always been ahead through the generations since initial Core i on up. Ivy HEDT is 4000s.

All of my AMDs still work. From my Athlon Thunderbird up.

Back
Top Bottom