Random Chit Chat

Dunno where my Voodoo 2 is now. At some point I neglected my computer parts and I misplaced it. I hope it's not thrown with some junk and find it one day. A total classic. Too bad 3DFX ended itself with bad decisions like Sega did with home consoles. A strong start with a sad ending. I never tried Rush or Banshee so I can't comment on them but I did see them in stores and didn't get them. I was a student back then who only managed to get so much computer parts. In this regards, I guess it was a good thing. The only classics I have are scattered parts like 486 DX2 and Cyrix PR233.
A good example of what happens when the dudes up top don't know what they're doing.

Went from a Pentium to a pentium4 I think it was a 2.0 or 2.5, can't remember for sure as my first one fizzled out and had to put another pentium4 in it. Teach me to Overclock...

Wait, I think there was no regular Pentium 233 even if the Cyrix above was rated against one. I could be wrong, tho.

Whom I'm not ;) (if that's correct English)
Now where did I put my watch?
I was more referring to how Intel is going down the same bad track that 3DFX did back in the day. Maybe not in the same way, but you can definitely tell Intel has people high up top that clearly lost track of the company.

Oh, I'm innocent, then!

Yeah, Intel has been bothering me lately (and I mean for years). But it feels like they are improving i3's and i5's albeit in gaming only. The reason I got an i5 10600K (6 cores 12 threads is a huge jump for i5) is already having a quality cooler that stayed fully compatible from the older 3570K build and for the iGPU. This combination makes my purchase cheaper than the rivaling R 3700X that comes with a fan not good enough for good overclocking and no iGPU. I don't care about productivity. Otherwise it would have been R 3700X or around that. That's what I found, anyway. I hope my finding is sound.

But back to the subject; I think it is still not too late for Intel to come back to their senses like I think it was for 3DFX starting Voodoo 3 and Sega starting Saturn. Intel did face similar failing times and solving them before.

my r5-2600 is also 6 core 12 thread and plenty good for me. going from my i5-3570 was a huge leap of performance.

Oh, I'm innocent, then!

Yeah, Intel has been bothering me lately (and I mean for years). But it feels like they are improving i3's and i5's albeit in gaming only. The reason I got an i5 10600K (6 cores 12 threads is a huge jump for i5) is already having a quality cooler that stayed fully compatible from the older 3570K build and for the iGPU. This combination makes my purchase cheaper than the rivaling R 3700X that comes with a fan not good enough for good overclocking and no iGPU. I don't care about productivity. Otherwise it would have been R 3700X or around that. That's what I found, anyway. I hope my finding is sound.

But back to the subject; I think it is still not too late for Intel to come back to their senses like I think it was for 3DFX starting Voodoo 3 and Sega starting Saturn. Intel did face similar failing times and solving them before.
The Prism cooler that comes stock with those is actually really good. It held a 4.2GHz all core OC on my 3700x while I waited for my distro plate to put the custom water on the new build.

Back
Top Bottom