Random Chit Chat

I did, I changed codec packs and dosbox as well, I have turned off every setting that was suggested. end result, will not play on current issue of windowsuck.

Yes, 8MB. An honest typo. I can't believe I said 8GB! And yes, that's what I mean by saying "3D gaming GPU's back in the day were add-on cards that required a main video card to be present". Tho not accurate, the good ones like those from 3DFX and PowerVR were so. Voodoo Rush and Voodoo Banshee came out as all in one before Voodoo 3 (at least the Rush).

That Voodoo 2 playing Quake 2 and Hexen 2 was a whole new world to me! The main 2D card was the gaming-awful Matrox Millennium 2.
I was just busting your balls lol. You got me with the Rush, I pretend it doesn't exist although it did technically come with 2D/3D on one card. It was just a really terrible implementation and I don't even want one for my collection. The Banshee came after and although in 2D it was great it had less performance than the Voodoo 2 for 3D. I actually own one of these in PCI flavor. It's either Voodoo 2 to compliment a great AGP card, or the Voodoo 3 or 5 for me in my rigs these days.

Dunno where my Voodoo 2 is now. At some point I neglected my computer parts and I misplaced it. I hope it's not thrown with some junk and find it one day. A total classic. Too bad 3DFX ended itself with bad decisions like Sega did with home consoles. A strong start with a sad ending. I never tried Rush or Banshee so I can't comment on them but I did see them in stores and didn't get them. I was a student back then who only managed to get so much computer parts. In this regards, I guess it was a good thing. The only classics I have are scattered parts like 486 DX2 and Cyrix PR233.

i used to have that cyrix pr233. very good cpu, ran on 75 bus while others ran on 66 bus but when i got the pentium 233 it walked all over cyrix and amd.

I remember the "real" CPU war among the three; Cyrix, AMD and Intel. If I remember correctly, "pr" in PR233 meant "Pentium Rated" as if that CPU is as good as a 233Mhz Pentium. I think pr233 was 166Mhz actual clock speed. It wasn't 100% equivalent, tho. I think my first CPU; a 386 DX, was an AMD. I was like 15 then so I'm not sure.

Was that better 233Mhz Pentium you mentioned a regular Pentium or an MMX/Pro?

Back
Top Bottom