Random Chit Chat

I have been fighting with McStupidsoft all day now. I think i finally beat them at their own game. I have a hard time with code anymore. Too old and health issues works against me. That said, I have all my pictures in there folders and Picasa photos is working like it is supposed to now. Picasa is still the best out there. A shame Google dropped it. There is a cloud version from this year. I am using the older version. Stupidsoft photos won't hold a match to it. Anyway i'm off the soapbox.

Or M$ instead. Funny thing is that Windows is the best undisputed gaming platform. There are controversies regarding ease of use.

I remember having a Matrox Millennium II video card that did not support bi-linear filtering and trying to play some Star Wars game on it (some 3rd person shooter) and it ran 1 FPS because of rendering the basic setting that used bi-linear filtering. The card tried running it on software rendering and that's what happened. Bad gaming experience but it played MPEG very well with those old CPU's with a software called Xing. All of this got solved with the first gaming GPU I ever owned; 3DFX Voodoo 2 8GB. 3D gaming GPU's back in the day were add-on cards that required a main video card to be present.

i picked up a bunch of dos and early windows game cds at the thrift store. most are game collections and one is a deluxe card game collection.

i like card games.

Or M$ instead. Funny thing is that Windows is the best undisputed gaming platform. There are controversies regarding ease of use.

I remember having a Matrox Millennium II video card that did not support bi-linear filtering and trying to play some Star Wars game on it (some 3rd person shooter) and it ran 1 FPS because of rendering the basic setting that used bi-linear filtering. The card tried running it on software rendering and that's what happened. Bad gaming experience but it played MPEG very well with those old CPU's with a software called Xing. All of this got solved with the first gaming GPU I ever owned; 3DFX Voodoo 2 8GB. 3D gaming GPU's back in the day were add-on cards that required a main video card to be present.
Think you mean 8MB, and it was a 3D add in card, not a full on GPU yet. Wasn't till Voodoo 3 that was all in one.

Think you mean 8MB, and it was a 3D add in card, not a full on GPU yet. Wasn't till Voodoo 3 that was all in one.

Yes, 8MB. An honest typo. I can't believe I said 8GB! And yes, that's what I mean by saying "3D gaming GPU's back in the day were add-on cards that required a main video card to be present". Tho not accurate, the good ones like those from 3DFX and PowerVR were so. Voodoo Rush and Voodoo Banshee came out as all in one before Voodoo 3 (at least the Rush).

That Voodoo 2 playing Quake 2 and Hexen 2 was a whole new world to me! The main 2D card was the gaming-awful Matrox Millennium 2.

I have tried to play Worms, Worms 2 and one of another but not having any luck. I was thinking a dual boot but that not working out so i am not sure what to do here now.

Back
Top Bottom