Random Chit Chat

Yup, back in the day I kept having issues with it, and was suggested to go to 98. Said I didn't want to downgrade :ROFLMAO:. I also didn't have any money to do anything about it, but that was a starting point for me back in the day.

Yep. Checking out the spots they saw on a earlier shot that showed spots on my liver and spleen. Guess i will find out soon what they found. I don't mind the lawton va but some of them out there are just garbage

I got rid of all of mine but for my XP discs and W 7 discs. Both were 32 and 64 bit versions. And then Deb had a asus computer tablet thing with 8.1 that was upgraded to win10 back in i think 2015. I keep thinking about taking it out and see if i can fix it but its a laptop. But it was a touchscreen and full keyboard and mice pad. It also had a tablet mode with on screen keyboard that reminds me of the Tablets we have now. Its a 15.5 inch screen. one of these days..

You paid or it. It had better indeed :D

Wasn't XP a combination of both NT and 9x? I think I read somewhere that it was the turning point in both "cores", if I get the term right, where it saved people the trouble of choosing between 9x and NT. Vista was okay but it consumed resources more than it should have. That's kinda like driving a Toyota Corolla with fuel/gas consumption of a Toyota Land Cruiser. I think that was a bad thing. I did use Win10 on a Core 2 Duo E6600 after all, and it ran great, if I remember correctly. I could be wrong, tho.

Oh, tell me bout it!
(not literally :) )

Godspeed, WD.
(I'm guessing it's a medical matter)
The only thing about XP that's 9x is the fact that it's still got a DOS background really but it wasn't a GUI for DOS like 9x was.

If my memory serves me right, real DOS mode stopped with WinMe. Starting XP you cannot F8 to bypass Windows and start pure DOS (to do that you need to install DOS first then install WinMe over it). And to find the drivers and settings ready, you need to set them up before installing WinMe (or what's before it, really) so you need to setup the CD-ROM, sound card, memory management... etc, before hand. DOS games were not as easy as Windows games to start when it comes to memory. But XP still could run DOS apps in its built-in DOS mode (the command prompt) but of course with less compatibility and support, and many DOS apps will be missing like edit and dosshell. Now, I believe, Windows will say that the app is not supported, but I haven't tested it.

This is all from the back of my head. I may have mixed things up. It's a big topic, really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom