Random Chit Chat

doing pretty good and happy to be home after a two week stay in the hospital. in case you didn't know i had a tumor removed from my brain.

Don't know about the rest of you but the whole time during this pandemic, I didn't personally know anyone who had contracted covid-19. That changed on Tuesday when I learned that a good friend of mine tested positive for the virus. He apparently has a mild case though as he doesn't require hospitalization and is just self-isolating at home. He has underlying health issues, not the least of which is that he had his 70th birthday 2 weeks ago.
I know a few people in person that tested positive and had to self quarantine. Not a single one of them had any issues though.

Isn't 7, like, a polished Vista? That's been a thing with MS. Win10 good (for the most part), Win 8(.1) bad, Win 7 good, Win Vista bad (for the most part), XP good, Win Me bad... All for the most part, I believe.

And each good one feels like a polished version of the bad one before it. This makes me go to that polished one that works best in builds I'd make from old scraps left around. But I guess Win 10 is now good for any old build in the last 10 years or so...., for the most part. I have a Core 2 Duo E6600 build with a 32-bit Win 10. It's been a while since I've used it ever since I gave it to my brother ages ago, tho.

vista ran good for my amd64x2. it had better, i paid 200 bucks for it, case and manuals.

i still have it.

Isn't 7, like, a polished Vista? That's been a thing with MS. Win10 good (for the most part), Win 8(.1) bad, Win 7 good, Win Vista bad (for the most part), XP good, Win Me bad... All for the most part, I believe.

And each good one feels like a polished version of the bad one before it. This makes me go to that polished one that works best in builds I'd make from old scraps left around. But I guess Win 10 is now good for any old build in the last 10 years or so...., for the most part. I have a Core 2 Duo E6600 build with a 32-bit Win 10. It's been a while since I've used it ever since I gave it to my brother ages ago, tho.
Well ME was 9x and XP is NT so a polished version of Win 2000 which was already good lol, but yea 7 is basically polished Vista or rather "finished". Vista was a pieced together filler project put together quickly after them messing about with Longhorn too long.

WinME was terrible. Had that on our first computer when I was growing up. Thing would BSOD if you breathed.

vista ran good for my amd64x2. it had better, i paid 200 bucks for it, case and manuals.

i still have it.
You paid or it. It had better indeed :D

Well ME was 9x and XP is NT so a polished version of Win 2000 which was already good lol, but yea 7 is basically polished Vista or rather "finished". Vista was a pieced together filler project put together quickly after them messing about with Longhorn too long.
Wasn't XP a combination of both NT and 9x? I think I read somewhere that it was the turning point in both "cores", if I get the term right, where it saved people the trouble of choosing between 9x and NT. Vista was okay but it consumed resources more than it should have. That's kinda like driving a Toyota Corolla with fuel/gas consumption of a Toyota Land Cruiser. I think that was a bad thing. I did use Win10 on a Core 2 Duo E6600 after all, and it ran great, if I remember correctly. I could be wrong, tho.

WinME was terrible. Had that on our first computer when I was growing up. Thing would BSOD if you breathed.
Oh, tell me bout it!
(not literally :) )

The va called today, They want more testing on me the 14th. Not sure what but i guess i will find out.
Godspeed, WD.
(I'm guessing it's a medical matter)

Back
Top Bottom