Random Chit Chat

Hehehe, I don't think any of us older younger bucks didn't fit in. Since he is right in that about 70 year old range, I am probably pretty close to being in the same gray buck range he is. Not sure about the other bucks here. I am I think that I am am about 1 year younger than him. I think he said he was touching 70 here, but that was a bit back. He and smart guy have me my nick name as i was called Wallaby Dan. They took those wd and started a knock off of wd40. Right now, i am wd67 hehehe we have a good bunch of folk here. Just slowing down some of us are. I know he was having some issues with pain. I know about that too. He and i were both engine mechanic's. And now as we have hit that retirement age we work on computers and our old cars and whatever else we feel up to doing. I just hope my friend is ok. His family might never say anything to us here. Smart Guy has his ad and I have his address down in San Antone, Texas. May send him a note to find out if he's ok. Will let you know if I hear from him or the family. Later, wd

A bunch of good people here. A good place to run away to from the harsh life.
I don't have any means of contacting Cel really. All I managed to do was using an email service thru CF here. Not sure if it even works or if Cel has his email ID allowed to reach this way. I send it anyway.

Cel's last activity on this board is shown as 7-16-2020. I believe he is 68 (1 year older than me). Hope all is OK with him.

Maybe we should all exchange our real addresses and/or phone numbers in private messages so we would be able to contact each other in situations like this.

Last edited:
From my side, I keep access for my social media (including CF) at hand with the family. If something happens to me, in worse case scenario, they will come in here (and everywhere else) and report it.

Well now. After replacing the os in the computer i was having issues from. Some strange things has happened. When i first installed the AMD software the fans started revving up. After a few minutes it went back down almost to its lowest levels Right now the highest temp is 53 degrees Celsius. Not as bad as the 70 plus temps readings. Still reloading all the programs. I really hadn't planned to go so far as dumping the core. With some of the issues i have been having Malwarebytes wasn't finding anything. The firewall was not showing anything Glarys wasn't finding anything. So i crashed the drive and put my files into the D: drive unconnected it and then started the reinstall the os. After everything was back in the computer was playing nice so i connected the D: back in and all my stuff was safe and so far since last
night, everything is working ok. Gonna keep a eye on as i continue to watch the systems. At least i am on-line. Back later.

I did a heat specific stress test and got to tentatively stable 86C for like 10 minutes. After that it started to hover around 86-87. Think this is good, as this test is to stress the CPU for a definite max heat, not actual use. When I did a blend test that simulated actual use, it didn't go past 75C. I think if I fix the fourth broken screw on the heat sink, it gets better. I'll try to find a way around it. Maybe use a thin steal wire to seat the fourth angle of the heat sink bracket or something.

I heard old AMD's had heating problems. Never tested it myself, tho.

Back
Top Bottom