Random Chit Chat

72C is too high for idle, not matter what CPU it is. If fans kick in to prevent a bad outcome, I guess it's fine, but it will be noisy sucking more power and having less life span. If you sure thermal paste, cooler and its fan are okay, make sure nothing is obstructing the air flow inside and that's it's flowing correctly. Otherwise if you're sure temps (and you) are fine, then leave it be. My new i5 is 125W, BTW. Even before under clocking, when clock speed went up to 4.5GHz (4.8GHz single-core), temps barely reached 75C under stress test, and one cooler screw is broken, mind you.

You said stuff like downloaded CD's and put them on a memory stick. Are those CD's ripped to MP3 or something? I'm confused. Is the problem that it fails to play tracks in order?

I'm worried about Cell. He's been away for some time. Any of you have contact with him in practical life?

I haven't seen Cel in a couple of days. I hope he is ok.
Yes, i am having issues getting wma files to transfer to Memory sticks. What is happening is i rip to my computer and then transfer to the memory sticks. What is going on is, It will mix up same artists in multi cd albums. I have a few multi disc sets and that is where one of the issues is. I have on a couple of 2 disc sets that one disc has disappeared off the drive. Another issue is it has done this one. Have say a 3 disc set, and It shows first disc ok, Then the later two get mixed up. I have had music sets show as 1,1,1-2,2,2-3,3,3 ect. It should show the 3 discs as separate discs not combined as one big disc. Sometimes complete sets just completely disappear, never to be seen again. I never had this much issues before. It seems to be getting worse not better. I am about to say the hell with it, but like my music on the stereo in the truck. this one don't have the cd player built in. just a couple of different memory stick slots. I have to go a step down to get the cd player built in. I quit today on it as i am ready to throw something..like this stupid computer off a wall!

You put them all in the same folder? Use separate folders to at least know where the first rips are. I've had this problem before that Windows Media Player automatically change the artist. See of there's an option that makes WMP automatically update the artist and turn it off. Personally in my car I always get head units with direct file reading capability instead of sorting by artist, tracks, etc. I make my own sorting in separate folders named by my own categorization. No head unit tells me what to do haha.

I thought that is whats happening. Each title of a group is a folder. I have used WMP to rip the songs off the album. The folder has a name and title to it. If i read you right you make a folder to each album and that way it don't get a chance to screw up the way the albums are to be made. Now, I make a folder for each album in the disc set. each disc has a separate folder right? Even if it is a set of discs. So in between each disc i assign a folder for that disc and then the next and so on. Then make a folder for the title and then each disc goes into that folder? I never had to do it that way but here goes if i read right. Will try it out. Now if i try and use it in the stereo in the truck, it will see the main folder will it see the separate folders in that folder?

That's just a counter measure I suggested so if titles get screwed up and mixed, you can at least identify them by the folder name instead of having to listen to each of them. Easier to sort out. It's also just temporary until you find a solution. Personally I used it by default not as a counter measure, which again by default is considered a counted measure for me.

As for the head unit (the car stereo), I'm afraid it's by design. I always pick up ones designed to be able to browse files like a computer and to read by file order. I also avoind meta info in my rips (artists, tracks and such, stored in the header of the audio file) as much as possible so nitpicky head units get less annoying if I use them by chance (my bro's car for example). Some of those systematic head units do have a browse mode. Look for it. Hopefully it's a straight forward process. Usually it isn't.

I never use browse mode in a car stereo. I put my .mp3 files on a USB stick with no folders or anything. I insert the stick in the unit and set it to play all and random. That way I don't ever need to mess with the stereo while I'm driving. If someone else is in the car, they can mess with the stereo and use the browse mode and such (my daughter will do things like select only Stevie Wonder songs) but I don't mess with the stereo while I'm driving.

Both of my vehicles currently have SiriusXM subscriptions so I listen to .mp3s on my USB stick less often now.

Works for me.

It's not the browsing mode your saying you don't mess with really, what you are saying is that you don't mess with the stereo at all and just let it play anything goes while driving :D

That's the way it should be, actually. One should not get busy with anything while driving. Accidents happen.

I don't always only drive when I drive... as in when I'm in the driver's seat. If I park waiting for my family somewhere, for example, I don't wanna fight with the stereo meanwhile.

Well, That didn't work. It sees the folder and the title, but when i select the album it just goes back to the main menu. In the computer it plays just perfect. I have a USB plug in my Blue ray Player in the house. it sees them but again, Can't play them. Its like they are ghosts of the real image. See them but can't play them. Strollin, I only really play them when taking a long trip. But its nice to have them anyway. I used to be able to play them but the ones i added will not play. Its weird that it just tells me what it will record and what i may not.Don't know till i try and play one... Damned Windows anyway! If i could figure out how to rip to VLC i would rip out windows media player out of this computer!!

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Anyone seen Celery? its over a week now. I wonder if he took a vacation or in the hospital? Hope he is ok.

Look for freeware ripping apps. There must be some. With minimum capabilities they hopefully do not screw things up. I suggest MP3 instead of WMA and such.

I sent an email to Cel thru CF's emailing feature. I hope it goes though.

I was going through settings and i found this Sync and also in another part saw sync too. Its listing K: as one to sync to. So i am planning to try that as i clicked the K: drive for my memory stick. I forgot or don't remember having to do that before. I have used it to send as a disc burn before but i didn't know it would do that to. Wish me luck. Will let you know.
Me too. Cel and i had become good friends here, Like you and Strollin and AMD man and has been that way for awhile now. I have learned more here than anywhere else. Later, WD

Back
Top Bottom