Random Chit Chat

Its a download that you have to install in order to use it. It looks a lot like chrome but thats where the looks stop. It is edge fast with the Chromium kernel and Works and looks like chrome but its FAST!! No Bloatware, no spam so far. I installed it a couple of weeks ago. It is flawless on this computer. I like it so far but time will tell if it is a good Browser or not. The spellcheck really works good too!

Don't know what but tablet is all's well. Thinking it just didn't load or download correctly. We have been having issues yesterday and could have caused it. At one time I had 168ms latency and 7gbps up and almost 9gbps down. And, just for kicks and giggles, lost the internet all the way. When I tried to call Spectrum, there was a 1 hour wait to speak with tech support! So far seems to be ok but it went off line at around 11pm last night. I got messages from my weather stations. Not sure why is happening. Hope it is fixed. Later. Wd68

A new router/Modem was the fix. Now i have a new issue. My weather station will not connect. it don't even see the connection. I have been having issues with it but i think it just died on me. Sucks as i can't get the station needed for Cwop. The rest of the little stations like weather underground is no real big deal. I have several around me that can take care of them. Biggest is Cwop and National weather service. There is one station about 3 miles from me and another about 15 so they can handle it till i can get that new station. I can't believe how fast the mbps is! 235 down and 15 up!! Thats some really fast 5g! :eek: I like it! Hope it stays like that! Now i can work on getting more stuff for the computer and the weather station too. Sorry about the connections you are having trouble with, Cel. Hope you can get it done right soon.wd

Well... My internet went down again with the wireless. Ethernet is great. The Wi-Fi is /was great till last night. It drops off and on all night long. Morning its back up to where it should be. No drop offs during the day, just nighttime. I have changed username and password. That should have stopped anything from connecting to my system. They have done several things to see if it works better. Daytime my service is like 232 down and 15 up. My wireless is somewhere in the 30-60+ in the daytime on 5g. Nighttime, it drops to no internet to maybe something stupid, Last night it showed a weird speed 57 down and 11.6 up. Then it did a stupid thing. It went to 8 down and 9 up!! I tested again over and over drop offs and reconnect again and again. Come morning it was 215 down and 16.8 up.WTH??? Any ideas, oh, and they changed boxes and added something to help make more signal for Nighttime wireless. That was this morning. Yesterday with the box. Don't have a clue to what is happening! I was also told that having the modem down on the floor could stop the signal from being strong. Its up on the desktop now. Will see how this goes. While the wifi keeps messing up, My Ethernet is super fast!! Go figure...any ideas??

Got this i5 instead of a Ryzen that comes with a cooler because the price was lower for specifically owning a compatible cooler already (this 7 year old cooler is compatible and that's a plus for Intel). I broke one of the screws. This is stupid, my plan to save back fired. I still used it with only 3 screws and temps seem to be fine.

For a new build from scratch, Ryzen 3700X is overall faster and cheaper because of the provided cooler. Not as good as my current cooler, if it still had all of its screws intact, at least.

I also disabled Turbo Boost and down clocked it and tested it against my games. No frame drops, so I will keep the under clocking to be safe if the cooler changes its mind because of that 4th screw.

Two temps my eyes never leave alone, computer temp and car coolant temp. I'm so obsessed with them.

With the under clock, heavy stress test does not exceed 60C. Thermal solutions on these new Intels are great.

hehe..If i saw that i would be looking inside the case to see what wasn't running!!:lol::lol:
Mine runs at around 72C at idle. Runs right up to 87C at pretty much anything i am working on ie, Games word perfect ect.:eek: Its really too hot but its been that way since i build this computer. When i do game it can run right into the 90's and fans really ramp up. Starts to sound like a jet taking off!! I was told its kinda hard to keep AMD processors cool. Hi wattage will be the main cause. This one is a 160watt, somewhere near that. AMD just runs hotter. newer AMDs run a lot cooler as they only draw 65 watts. I have heard that Intel has changed there ways and increased there wattage to try and compete with AMD. Thats what i heard but don't have anyway to check it out. My next build is a ryzen!
:)

I am not sure what is happening with my computer. I have 1 issue with it. I have been loading my computer with all my cd's so i can put them in memory sticks. I am planning on having a cd sale or using them to be target practice. Whatever. Anyway, I have had a couple of album sets not play correctly. one in particular is a 3 cd disc set. No matter what i try it will beginning with 16 tracks. The next has say 12 tracks. the last has 14 tracks. ok, What's happening is that i will end up with 3#1's 3#2's 3#3's ect. I cannot get them to separate to there individual cds. Windows Media Player can't seem to do it. VLC can't do it either.I went to the site as they still sale the cd set. I downloaded the set and it did the same thing. WHF???oh, before someone asks, I tried to download one disc, sync it to memory stick, then try the next one. Nope it just don't play nice. Thats three discs there but i have a 4 disc set and two other sets of 4 and 8. they play nice. I have had others that were 2 discs sets that worked perfectly All the different single cd discs work perfect. Mind you i have over say 350 cds. A giant sack of discs Any ideas? "Manage libraries" don't work, as "update albums info" and "find album info. Again, any ideas??

Back
Top Bottom