Random Chit Chat

I want to leave here but cannot as my nephew would loose the house. I don't want to see him get hurt. He has two houses. so i have half of this one and the other half is for my other nephew. Then he has the other house with some room rentals. They are in nice shape but bad town and neighborhood.

We live in a railroad town as well. The Union Pacific Railroad originally had their headquarters here. There's a large switchyard that makes it a pain in the keester to get from one side of town to the other since you have to go around that yard.

I used to live next to a switchyard. Does that count?

I have before too, and yes that should count! I don't mind trains and have a nice 3X8 foot model railroad layout. It is based on the logging camps there in the West Virginia part of the country. I worked in the sawmill. Loved that!! Loaded the finished product into boxcars. Love the smell of fresh cut wood. Only thing better is the cooking and heating with it. :)

Now, As to the bad side of it is anymore they bring a few men to live here. The rest of them work or are stationed at the air force base. The rest are trouble. They are the leftovers from times past. The downtown area is where they have tracks loading and switching the cars from one track to another. The town is pretty much empty. Old buildings all shuttered. a way of life long gone. There is a lot of those around the country. Sucks to see that in our part of the country. Thats the way of the heartland of our country. See my signature below. It is so true. Back home tracks long ago not used and others have been ripped up and you see a lot of tracks that came to a switch, and they cut out the switch and the track is just left there. Coal and logging both. Days long gone and ghost towns covered in vegetation or tore down. Just a spot on a map if its even there anymore I know West Virginia is not the only one. Virginia, Pennsylvania Ohio and many more all over the country. Damn shame.

And that's why i don't have one. For the most part, my computer don't have any issues. If it does then i can fix it. With a laptop that just can't happen. I just had to have my s3 replaced because it just acted weird. I have the S6 now. I use it every day as i can get programs in it and if i want to save them i can plug in the tablet into the computer and upload to the computer and i don't lose my pictures or music or whatever.

I have several laptops (as well as multiple desktops) and don't have problems with them. My main laptop I've had for 8 years, it's a Toshiba with a 3rd gen i7 cpu and 12GB of RAM. It still runs strong. The only thing I've ever done to it was replace the original 1TB hdd with a 500GB ssd. It also came with Win 8.0 which was upgraded to 8.1 and then to Win 10.

I also have an Acer Aspire One A0722 netbook that's a few years old. It has 4GB of RAM plus I replaced the 320GB hdd it had with a 250GB ssd but it just isn't pleasurable to use with Windows. Just the other day I installed Linus Mint Mate on it and that runs somewhat better.

I got a Asus here that Deb used kept having issues with charging, (i think it was Deb being stupid with the plug to it.) Its back there and haven't touched it since. Maybe one of these days i may tinker with it to see what kind of damage it has. Might be easy like able to replace the plug or if it has it on the motherboard i will most likely toss it. If i can get to the solder joints maybe but i kind of doubt it. It was a 3rd gen I5 and 8 gigs of ddr3. it had a ssd and originally had 8.1 windows in it but i switched it over to windows 10 64bit. I paid over a 1000 bucks for it she used it for 3 years before she screwed it up.

What do you guys think of reaching 230F at a 10 minute full stop after a one hour trip under 111F weather? New quality radiator, thermostat, fan clutch and coolant are on. The aux fans are blowing at max speed and A/C is on at 3/4 speed and cooling just fine. The fan clutch cuts in full speed at 220F coolant temp and loosens up at 205F (not fully slipping). Is this okay? some say it could be the water pump. I replaced it 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom