Random Chit Chat

Our 2500 Suburban had the 4L80E tranny while the 2005 Silverado 2500HD had the Allison 1000 tranny, both were heavy duty and bullet proof. The Silverado came from the factory with a tranny temp gauge and I added one to the Suburban. Neither ever showed elevated tranny temps regardless of the load, grade, ambient temperature, etc...

Dan - If you ever move to a diesel powered truck from that gas powered one, it will be like night and day as far as towing.

My nephew has one of those Diesels with the Allison 5 speed and one of the neighbors has the 6 speed model. Like both of them. BUT.. I don't plan to do anymore travel unless they want to see me at the Va hospital or something... maybe my casket...

Our Netgear modem/router died today. No amount of rebooting and such could bring our connection back up. Both of my sons work from home so we had to run out and buy a new one so we all could get back on-line.

Working OK now:

9647307282.png

Last edited:
Nice speeds there fellow!! Mine is like about the same speeds overall. Now i am working on a different product. I need to find a converter that will accept wifi signals from the weather station and post onto a cell phone to get that info on-line as a backup. I lost Spectrum internet a few days ago and loss of electric was not a issue as i have a APU battery backup. It has 3 batterys and solar cell charger if needed. But have no way to send my data to NWS. There has to be a way. We have had two big storms here this week and last night was just mainly a rain event. We got 1.58 inches. that brings us up to 4.16 inches for the week!! We we lost electric, we also lost cable internet. Cell service was strong and we could see other stations in the area that had signal and no signal. If i can come up with a unit that could convert to cell service my station would still be able to send reports, so they would have info on storms. My new system will have early warning goodies like a Lighting up to 25 miles and air quality down to 2.5 and some more modular items like a separate temp air temps and humidity Also a much larger rain gauge with a heater to melt hail and snow. I know this sounds complicated, and it is. but i have been wanting a better system for awhile now. we have made recommendations as to our special needs and that wifi converter is on the list of goodies we want on our systems. Another thing is to be able to hard wire the system to internet instead of just wifi. Also we are looking for them to start using 5g instead of 2.4 ghz. Its more than time for us to get out of the stone age. Other than upgrading my computer more, nothing else on the board for now. Its a plain PITA when it comes to getting the different companys to do something that will help more than screw up. We as a service need options as to what we need to do, and good units to do it with. More systems and more goodies are coming and with that comes more ways to screw up the system.
Later and glad you are on-line again. wd

For a long time I had a bad shoulder but it was just clicking and I was able to use my arm and hand. Almost 2 weeks ago I felt a tightness in my shoulder and arm and the bottom part of my hand and forearm is half numb. I have no fine motor control and I couldn't write worth a damn let alone do much with my hand.

I'm right handed and affected there so I'm doing what I can with my left. Saw my doc week before Mon and got a series of xrays of the shoulder and cervical areas of my neck. I'll know next week hopefully.

Really sucks.

I hear you Cel.

About 7 years ago, I woke up one morning and found that I could not lift my right arm. I tried to schedule an appt with my Dr that day but it was her day off so scheduled it for the next day. When I went to see her she started yelling at me that I should have gone to the ER the day before and such because she suspected I had suffered a stroke and wanted to send me to the ER by ambulance immediately.

Went to the ER and had a bunch of tests. Turned out I didn't have a stroke but had a pinched nerve in my upper arm. I ended up being unable to work for an entire month and then was only allowed to work 1/2 days for another month. It took a long while but I eventually regained full use of my arm.

I am also right handed so ended up having to do lots of things using only my left hand.

Hope your situation is no worse and things will return to normal quickly for you.

Yesterday I ordered a heat gun. Today I got this piece of metal out of the Beretta M9-22 magazine. The bottom of the mag was glued together including the metal piece. I softened the glue with the heat gun.

So what does it do? Simply turned the 15 round mag into a 10 round Cal compliant mag. Well, I'm not in Cal. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom