Random Chit Chat

Just ordered another 22lr pistol today, a Beretta M9-22. Most iconic pistol along with the 1911 GI (which I have a 22 version).

Soon I'll have two iconic pistols to play with. :dance:

I should change my name here to the 22 kid. 22s are cool! :D

So when it comes to update and software support longevity in OS's (any kind including computers, tablets, phones, etc) MS Windows for computers is the best? I'm facing problem in this regard in my 9 year old tablet (support stopped in 2014) and 5 year old phone. My brother also is having trouble in fully running his 4 year old sound card on his new Mac OS.

So when it comes to update and software support longevity in OS's (any kind including computers, tablets, phones, etc) MS Windows for computers is the best? I'm facing problem in this regard in my 9 year old tablet (support stopped in 2014) and 5 year old phone. My brother also is having trouble in fully running his 4 year old sound card on his new Mac OS.

Yes, but even Windows draws the line eventually. Win10 dropped support for a lot of older hardware whereas you could install Win7 on just about anything.

Five year old phone? Whatcha got? Oh, and he deserves the issues for using a Mac. :p

Yes, but even Windows draws the line eventually. Win10 dropped support for a lot of older hardware whereas you could install Win7 on just about anything.

Five year old phone? Whatcha got? Oh, and he deserves the issues for using a Mac. :p

That's part of it; it feels like anything can still run on the 2009 Win7. I have a feeling even WinXP has good compatibility. Other OS's need the kernel/firmware/(those fancy things) to be updated to run a software that can run something in return; e.g. an updated browser that runs an updated protocol or updated doohickeys. This is one problem my old tablet faces and it's only from 2011 that got discontinued on 2015 even tho it uses the so called mighty Android.

I think Win10 dropped support for stuff too but I don't think it compares to other OS's and I think many alternatives exist. I could even run a +15 years old satellite card with no problems (maybe latest major updates broke it, who knows). Many devices could still be run with some work.

It's a Sammy Galaxy S5 Duos. On a side note: I even had an S3 not too long ago that unfortunately cracked on a fall. I think it's just the screen and it's too expensive to compare. Just a while back in early 2020 one banking software stopped supporting the S5. That's when I felt it really got comparatively old. No more Android version update for it since mid 2017. Still not gonna replace it yet. I can do my banking on computers. That's account management, mind you. Nothing fancy.

He does audio editing and production and thinks Mac's stability is better for that. What's stability if there's no compatibility? Hey, this could work as a slogan!

Back
Top Bottom