Random Chit Chat

The cake box was literally destroyed. Luckily I had another to put the discs in. Some rough handlers in Amazon.

I saw the BluRay movies in the $5 bin at Walmart so there's where I got the idea to get a BluRay burner. It'll burn BDs, DVDs and CDs.

Cool, Mine will play Blueray and burn dvd and cds. I got a Blueray for the tv. I am not changing that out. I worked on the tower and its done for now. I got my new chair done. Got the fish tank cleaned up and the bumper bolted on correctly. Not to sure what i will get done tomorrow. See how i feel.

Yep and had a dinner over at Texas Roadhouse for Deb.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

We got Matching shirts from them

My new phone came in today. It's about time. Dumb ass UPS. On charger now. Also got my new 11" OTF stiletto. Big brother to my 9" OTF stiletto.

Cool!! I hate Opps,(ups). They cheat and when it gets over this way they pass the package off to the USPS!! Takes a couple more days to get it. Fed-Ex is pretty good here. Thats so far...DHL Sucks Big time!!

Looks like I'm returning the phone. Since it's an international model it's European based but English as global. Tried to set up voicemail, nope gotta pay for one. The user manual not in English.

Online research no help so back to my old phone. Never buy an international phone. Sweet phone but useless to me.

On top of this horseshit I have to pay $8 to return it. :banghead:

Check out the Xiaomi Redmi 8, Celery. IIRC you are using an MVNO of T-Mobile and the Redmi 8 has bands 2, 4, and 5 so it will work just fine with it.

I am looking at it as an option for my mom. That, the Redmi Note 7 and the Redmi Note 8. I just ordered the 6GB/128GB version of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S last night for my birthday but it won't get here until next week.

The phone works fine, just no voicemail yet. My sis testes it and took a message. I didn't get it.

I decided I'm not going to give up yet.

--------

and I got it! I just needed the number so I put my SIM card back in my old phone and used it and got the number. My other problem was finding the setting on the new phone to install it.

The OSes was years apart (from Nougat to Pie) and completely different. I have a lot of learning to do.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand how some stores stay in business. I ordered a $700 pellet grill from Home Depot that was scheduled to be delivered yesterday. Their tracking app gave me a 14 hour delivery window (6am-8pm) and reported that it was on it's way at 6:13am yesterday morning. It never arrived.

I called this morning to find out why. At first the gal tried to tell me a delivery attempt was made but I cut her off and called BS on that since we have literally been home for weeks. She then came back and said that they were out of stock on that grill. I asked why it took so long for them to figure out they they were out of stock and she couldn't answer that. She then said she would call around to other stores to see if they had any. She called back to say all of the stores in the area were out of stock. I then asked to speak to a manager and wanted to know why no one called me to notify me to not wait 14 hours for a delivery truck that was never coming!

Her excuse was that she wasn't on duty yesterday so didn't know what happened but she would find out and get back to me. I'm still waiting. Not only that but their tracking app still says my order is "On schedule" to be delivered by 8pm last night. Geez!

Back
Top Bottom