Random Chit Chat

I had a 965 once upon a time. Good CPU. I upgraded from it to an FX-8320, and have now upgraded to a Ryzen 5 1600.

I can upgrade to this only on the old board.

Phenom X4 9350 (HD9350ODJ4BGH),2.0GHz,65W,rev.B3,SocketAM2+,Quad-Core

What i bought is a way upgrade. That older board can only use 2 sticks of 1066 ddr2 ram. Even though it has four slots. My new board will handle 8 gigs of 1066 Thats 4X2gigs.

I'm back on my i5 system and I put the SSD in it. Also put my 1tb HDD in after I migrated the Win7 OS off the 500gb to the SSD. Now I have my C: and D: drives.

What happened? The AMD POS crapped for good. Remember the freezes? This time it threw the BSOD and that was it. Boots up to error screens every time so I tried to format and reinstall the OS.

Found that I have no keyboard nor mouse functions on the install screen. The USB ports are dead. Probably the CPU too.

Screw AMD.

You have had more fun than i have had. I just want a faster computer is all. My current board cpu and ram work perfectly. Its gonna be my backup computer. The new board will be able to handle the 940 and all 8 gigs of ddr2 1066. I hoped the motherboard would be here today but i guess it will be Monday.
Anyway, will let you knows how thhis works out. Wd66

Yep, i just like amd, thats all. I would go with a rizen 5 or 7 8 core with a asus or gigitbyte motherboard and my current video card, or better. 8-16 gigs of ram. That should scream!!

Now this is the weird one. On a lark I ran the Kubuntu live CD on the AMD system (no HDD hooked just DVD) and it worked.

I'm not sure what's going on. I tried to install W7 on the SSD and I get nothing but error screens. I moved it to the i5 system and booted off the HDD. Ran the Minitools Partition Wizard to delete the partitions and format it.

Then I migrated the OS to it and it ran. Here I am. :cool:

Maybe it's fixed? I'm going to move it to my R5 system and see if it'll boot. I'll need to buy a W10 OS disk.

Ok, just ordered the disk. I'll get it today. :cool:

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned W7 will run on an SSD as well as Windows 7 can run. There's no difference between an SSD and an HDD for the OS.

W7 is Windows 7 you know and it's running on my i5 system with the SSD.

And now the verdict. I put the SSD in my R5 system and booted it up. Got my start screen waiting for the password. No mouse nor keyboard. Same ol BS.

Now why does it work with Linux Kubuntu but not with Windows? Not making sense. Even if I put the drivers disk in how am I going to start it?

Hmm... I still have the W7 on the 500g HDD. Let me try that.

Back
Top Bottom