Random Chit Chat

Ya know,I'm gonna say this and then i am not sure where i am heading to. I had the ddr3+ motherboard with a duel core and 16 gigs of ram. Now i have this ryzen 5 6 core and the best of the asus motherboard and still 16 gigs of fast ram. Its NOT any faster than the older board and system. Its just as slow as before, not any faster. This system just plain sucks. I wish i had never bought this pos system! Sorry to vent but its truth

More cores do not increase your pc's speed. It just means you can do more things at the same time. If your hard drive is not very fast, that would be a bottle neck for anything you do. A new pc no matter how fast won't do anything while surfing on line if your internet speed sux.
A clean install would be your best option, do not attempt to use the drive from a previous set up because that will only exacerbate any issues that existed before your new pc and you'll be worse off.

Last edited:
You are limited by the slowest piece in the chain. If you already have an SSD you won't notice much of a difference in system responsiveness unless there's a drastic change but SSDs generally take up that slack for the most part. Newer Ryzen CPUs also mostly get their speed from fast RAM combined with a 1:1 Infinity Fabric ratio. If your RAM is still set to 2133 in the bios then you are bottlenecking your new CPU.

Ya know,I'm gonna say this and then i am not sure where i am heading to. I had the ddr3+ motherboard with a duel core and 16 gigs of ram. Now i have this ryzen 5 6 core and the best of the asus motherboard and still 16 gigs of fast ram. Its NOT any faster than the older board and system. Its just as slow as before, not any faster. This system just plain sucks. I wish i had never bought this pos system! Sorry to vent but its truth
Let's see...

What OS is it? Older OS's don't utilize many cores and SSD's better.

Is dual channel RAM mode on?

Are you talking about Windows' speed or perhaps running other stuff from another storage?

Use a utility like CrystalDiskMark from here:
https://crystalmark.info/en/download/
to test your SSD. It should give an impression. (I suggest using the standard edition. Those cartoon character GUI's make me sick :sick:)

Windows 10. Dual channel on 3200 ram. 16 gigs of ram. M.2 ssd on board windows 10 is the only OS. Windows speed and also gaming. This thing doesn't want to play nice at all with games. It can freeze up, turn to a white screen. also jitter when in the game. When not in games not as bad but still seems to hang sometimes. Slow to do much of anything. I am trying to figure out if i have a mix maybe of Bad CPU, Ram or Motherboard. I have speedfan downloaded and the cores are cool 82 Degrees max or less. Video card is still my RX570 running at 2500 something by 1400 something. I can't remember the numbers now. it shows up when i start it up or restart. Thats more than i had with the ssd and windows 7. My games played nice on the old windows 7, but not on this new computer. I don't know whats going on, but i am waiting to see smoke. Then i will know!

can't remember how to screen shot but here goes. reads 2343.50, 2433.78, 729.21, 47.87. write 1914.55, 1921.14,100.02, 111.95. there was times of 10 seconds to 30 seconds of time between the different reads and writes. as to what it means, i have no clue. I don't know if its good or crap...

Back
Top Bottom