Random Chit Chat

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
I think most third party manufacturers provide such artificial wood trims.

Here's what my car looks like (not mine):
b2c1a091f6236ad2891a51c73ec65834.jpg

It goes all the way up the dashboard. Note sure if Mercedes provides artificial wood trims, but it's a wood trim nonetheless. And my car (92 W124) is of a lower option. The wood trim was a standard. I think now it's an extra option in MB's.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
I think most third party manufacturers provide such artificial wood trims.

Here's what my car looks like (not mine):
b2c1a091f6236ad2891a51c73ec65834.jpg

It goes all the way up the dashboard. Note sure if Mercedes provides artificial wood trims, but it's a wood trim nonetheless. And my car (92 W124) is of a lower option. The wood trim was a standard. I think now it's an extra option in MB's.
This was a trend of the 80s and early 90s here mainly because there were so many analog buttons to control things in a car. These days it's more of a subtle accent and it's fairly uncommon for it to be a wood trim.

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Mine is a 92 and some very minor cracks started to show up. I hope it does not get worse. Options vary so much so I don't I will find a replacement that has the exact button layout. Maybe I can cover the extra button holes but I don't think I can afford a missing one.

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
Last couple of days here its been really nice and getting warm. Yesterday it was 77 for the high. its already 70 here today so far. I see the buds growing out so i would say Spring has sprung!