Random Chit Chat

I think you might just want to pop some stain on it, anything like a urethane? sealer might get trashed and look nasty from those chair wheels in a short time.
Idk how to apply that but urethane seemed like a good idea when I thought about it earlier. I'm changing my wheels btw.

Idk how to apply that but urethane seemed like a good idea when I thought about it earlier. I'm changing my wheels btw.
Actually applying a stain is much easier than urethane, Pick your favorite wood color. You can use a really cheap brush to apply, and wipe off excess with an old rag. your done. urethane would mean a nice high quality brush, smooth even strokes along the length and a much longer drying time. You can even use urethane over the stain if you want to go the extra effort. It'll look a lot prettier but not sure how well it'll hold up under a chair

Actually applying a stain is much easier than urethane, Pick your favorite wood color. You can use a really cheap brush to apply, and wipe off excess with an old rag. your done. urethane would mean a nice high quality brush, smooth even strokes along the length and a much longer drying time. You can even use urethane over the stain if you want to go the extra effort. It'll look a lot prettier but not sure how well it'll hold up under a chair
Should be fine, I'm replacing the wheels with rollerblade wheels made for office chairs. They're non scratch, and honestly right now these wheels aren't even damaging the surface or making marks.

Should be fine, I'm replacing the wheels with rollerblade wheels made for office chairs. They're non scratch, and honestly right now these wheels aren't even damaging the surface or making marks.
It's not the scratches... it is the weight of the chair on the surface of your mat that would affect the finish. you stated you used a pine plywood? That would be considered a soft wood product. Now if you use a much harder surface like oak, maple, hickory or even bamboo then it would not be an issue

Last edited:
It's not the scratches... it is the weight of the chair on the surface of your mat that would affect the finish. you stated you used a pine plywood? That would be considered a soft wood product. Now if you use a much harder surface like oak, maple or even bamboo then it would not be an issue
If I had the money I would have got a harder wood but hey it's not MDF.

Much of that stuff is just a vinyl overlay over plastic... it looks pretty, but just like the speakers I recently built.... it's not real wood. It is just for looks and at much higher $$$ cost
gear_stick_-_Oak_wood_grain_bfeaf58c-cf8a-4525-b155-20b689721b08_600x.jpg

If fact... it is from the same manufacture that I covered my recent speaker build from...
https://vvividshop.com/collections/wood-grain-1/products/oak-wood-grain
Think of it as fancy "contact paper"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom