Random Chit Chat

Schedule yourself on a vacation to the Matter Horn in Switzerland in January.... I'm sure you'll find more than enough snow to make a very nice snowball! :tongue:

Where I live here in Calif snow is an event that happens every few years at most. We've been in this house for 4 winters so far and have not seen it snow here. However, Calif is a very diverse state and there are places that get lots of snow. My grandfather was born and raised in Michigan (a Northern state) where it snows a lot during the winter. He came out to Calif on vacation and we took him up to Tioga Pass (Elevation 9,943 ft) where he saw snow in July far deeper than he had ever encountered in Michigan.

Depends where you are in Mich, like about any other place in this country.
Up in the Upper Peninsula off the southern coast of Lake Superior and the western coast of Lake Michigan, they average about 180 inches of snow. The central and lower half of this place averages between 40 to 50 inches. Of course that is not all at one time. We could get 6-8 inches one day and a week later it could all melt and then get 2-3 more inches a week after that...ect. We do tend to get some really big snow drifts (as big as large trucks), I have personally witnessed that

Chattanooga? People over there must chat a lot.
" The first part of the name "Chattanooga" derives from the Muskogean word cvto /chắtȯ/ – 'rock'. The latter may be derived from a regional suffix -nuga meaning dwelling or dwelling place. It is also believed to be derived from the Creek Indian word for ‘rock rising to a point.’ "

Lots of Native American/Cherokee names around where I live. The capital of the Cherokee Nation is on the Tennessee/Georgia state line. Heck, Tennessee is derived from a Cherokee name.

Hmmm... okay then, let's rock (chat).

On other news, I'm rebuilding my i5 750 rig after donating all other good parts (CPU+mobo+RAM only left) to rebuild the removed-parts-from-the-upgraded i5 3570k rig (CPU+mobo+RAM only left). The former is for multimedia only now and maybe some indie games if the Linux I'm gonna use supports it (I'm looking for a Linux distro built for streaming like Youtube and IP TV). The latter is for gaming. It's good enough for 1080p30/720p60 for many modern games with its GTX 680 4GB.

Any idea how much an 8 oz steak cost where you live? (now it's food)

Oops, missing info!
How about a good fat-branched striploin? It's what I've seen last so I can use as source material.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom