Ram

Launch task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL, Task Manager), minimize it, and go back to your gaming. After you notice some lagging, maximize task manager and look at the memory usage. If it is spiking, you may need more RAM. This will also show you whether your CPU utilization is spiking.

I'd venture a good size bet that it's not the RAM causing the lag during gaming. Other specs of the PC?

I'm in the car now (be home tomorrow driving 1000 miles) I have an intel i5 , motherboard I dont know right now :/ But give me a day and I'll be back with you!!!!!

I'd venture a good size bet that it's not the RAM causing the lag during gaming. Other specs of the PC?

True dat. 16GB is overkill for most gaming. That amount of memory is better utilized by photo/video editing software or CAD software. Memory is not the bottleneck here...

I know it's kinda overkill , o and one other thing, any parts suggested for a basic computer? I'm building one for my sis

16 GB of ram is a lot. Most games only require about 2-4 GB of ram. Your lag issue is most likely because of your graphics card.

As for your other question about building your sister a computer, i would recommend going with an AMD A series or maybe an intel i3 setup

Back
Top Bottom