RAM vs. CPU

Ralex1098

Beta member
Athough I am new, I have a question. I have 2.5 gigs of ram and a 2ghz processor, however there are times when my comp just slows to a near stop and resumes its speed in about 30 secs of this lag. I am inquiring whether or not this lag is because my processor is inadequate. Any facts or suggestions woud be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Are you sure those numbers are right? 2.5 gigs of ram is a whooping lot of ram. Most modern computers come with 1/5th of that (512). Anyways, if it IS 2.5, then your CPU is a huge chokepoint, because a 2ghz Intel is terrible according to modern standards. I would reccomend an AMD64 3500+ to solve this.

I am positive that I have 2.5 gigs of ram as I ordered it myself. I figured that since ram played a big part into speed, I just bought a large amount of it. By the way, i'm running a Intel 865PERL motherboard with 4 slots. How many Ghz is that Athlon?

he probably had bought it like from dell and customized himself, oh and it is probably a celeron, lol.

Oh na. I got 2 gigers, a 512, and a 256. Something is obviously wrong. I'm not sure about the celeron. aslo, it is a custom comp I built. Bought the parts from directron

Back
Top Bottom