Ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelRouser

Beta member
Can I upgrade a Presario 5320US to DDR3200. I was given this computer, so.... Currently it has PC133:( 400 mghz bus FSB is a 100

The PC you are on has PC133? If so, it needs to have Sd ram. That PC3200 is DDR. So no you can not put the DDR ram into that system. You can buy some SD ram on ebay if you want to have some more.

You can't just buy any memory for it, as it is a prewatered down compaq. they intentionaly modify parts so you can only upgrade through them.

Uh.. I already upgraded the memory. Was just hoping I could bump it up to DDR. Have a gig in the rig, actually.

I have another question. What type of video cards can I use for this machine? I am getting great deals 9800s, I also have obtained several 500w power supplies. So all I really need to know is whether my motherboard can support those cards.

I have a presario 5900z and it only has agp 2x so a 9800 isn't gonna work.
you can check out tigerdirect and upgrade the motherboard and cpu to a xp2900 and mobo for $100 after rebate.

Tiger Direct is overpriced.
I was asking this because I run a Ti 4600, I guess I will just throw this machine away and build a newone with help from www.pricegrabber.com
The computer has an AGP slot and is 4x capable, beyond that I am unsure. I will just probably use it as Gentoo box now.

Well I just got a xp2900 and Asus motherboard for $93 shipped after the rebates come back. So that seemed like a good deal to me from Tigerdirect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom