ram upgrade questions

mikee

Fully Optimized
I just found this ran on tigerdirect and was wondering a few things.

The first thing is does anyone have experience with this brand and can tell if it is worth buying.

Will there be a noticeable performance difference between having 4gb over 2gb.

I currently don't have 64bit windows but plan on in the future when windows 7 releases

This is the ram I am thinking of buying.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3404049&Sku=O261-8038

It depends on what you are using the computer for whether or not you will notice a difference. It is not going to be a noticeable difference on things like searching the internet or using everyday functions but you will notice a difference if you have a lot of things going at once. If you are editing things it will make a huge difference and in some games it will make a difference. You may also see a little increase in load times and shut down times. For the price of that ram it is definitely worth it because it will be beneficial in the long run when things come out that require large amounts of ram. The only thing about the 32 bit OS right now you are only going to see about 3.5 gbs of ram but it is all still there but is being used as address memory, so it really isn't going to affect anything and honestly you're really not going to notice the difference but when you do upgrade to 7 you might as well get the 64 bit in order to utilize all of your ram.

I do play quite a few games, and use adobe premiere quite often for editing video. Games I play are Crysis, Farcry 2, Burnout paradise ultimate box, Fallout 3. I am also going to be upgrading the video card around may to help things out too.

I usually stick with kingston. You can sometime find Kingston RAM on newegg for about the same price. I just picked up 4 gigs DD2 (forget what speed) for about 30 dollars

Back
Top Bottom