RAM timings and voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

synth7

In Runtime
The timings on the Newegg product page of my RAM say 2-3-3-6, but when I popped it in it was default 3-3-3-8. I am going to go into BIOS later and tighten the timings a bit, and I was wondering how much I such increase my voltage, since I've read thats what's necessary to get the stock timings.

I think the RAM you have needs to be at 2.75 volts. Then use a program like AMD tweaker to tighten the timings.

Oh yea, I think that ram runs @ 2.5-3-3-6 on AMD.

Ok, so in my BIOS, the "DDR Voltage" is set to auto, but it has manual settings like 2.6v, 2.65v, 2.7v, 2.75v, etc etc on and on.

Should I jump right to 2.75v, or increment it up little by little. I'm going to take turtile's advice and set the timings to 2.5-3-3-6.

and I was wondering how much I such increase my voltage, since I've read thats what's necessary to get the stock timings.
No...if it's stock timings then it just needs stock voltage. You wouldn't raise voltage for anything that's supposed to be stock.

Look at newegg, it should show the default voltage. For most DDR RAM it's 2.6v

Yes, ok, but stock voltage listed on the newegg product page for my RAM is 2.75v, and I don't know what my motherboard is set at now. In BIOS, should I jump right to 2.75v, or increment it up little by little?

I have the same RAM, Im running 2-3-3-6 on my AMD. My voltage is set at 2.7 and reading at 2.75. This has been tested for 6 hours using memtest without errors.

If you want to use the RAM at stock speeds, get all of the info from newegg and set it identically in the bios ;)

So yeh, use 2.75v - if thats what the RAM spec says it needs, it will be fine to use.

I think that these sticks even retain their warranty up to 2.8V so its not going to do any damage setting it at 2.7/2.75.

Yes, ok, but stock voltage listed on the newegg product page for my RAM is 2.75v, and I don't know what my motherboard is set at now. In BIOS, should I jump right to 2.75v, or increment it up little by little?
If newegg says stock voltage is 2.75, then put it at 2.75. I was only giving an example and saying "most" DDR RAM is 2.6v at stock. I was simply making a comment based on your "I heard you need to raise voltage to get stock timings" which is incorrect. If your BIOS puts it at 2.6 and it's supposed to be at 2.7, yeah you're raising the voltage, but it's not the same as having to raise voltage as a result of OC'ing

ANYWHO, yes.....if the stock voltage is 2.75, then just set it to 2.75, you dont need to do increments.

I think that these sticks even retain their warranty up to 2.8V
Yeah, check the RAM specs, each one is different. My particular sticks are covered up to 2.95v, but they are also high performance. Since those sticks aren't, I wouldn't be surprised if corsair limits the warranty to 2.8 like you said.

Raised voltage to 2.75v and set timings to 2-3-3-6, works like a charm. Passed 6 Memtest86+ tests earlier. Works like a charm. Thanks for the info guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom