RAM question

akira282

In Runtime
I'm using 6 gigs of ram with Vista 64 bit. It says 6 gigs in the system info page. However, according to my RAM usage counter provided by the OS I am using 22/23% of RAM just when I start up. Does this seem high? Also, when I go to the Task manager, it reads: 6 gigs but only 4 or 5 gigs are cached. Is this a prob?

yes this is fine, 64bit vista uses alot more ram, and 22% is just the right amount, because for me im using about 1.2 gigs or so when starting up, which is right around 22%. This is normal

yes this is fine, 64bit vista uses alot more ram, and 22% is just the right amount, because for me im using about 1.2 gigs or so when starting up, which is right around 22%. This is normal

Yup, that's about how much mine uses as well: 1.2

I'm using 6 gigs of ram with Vista 64 bit. It says 6 gigs in the system info page. However, according to my RAM usage counter provided by the OS I am using 22/23% of RAM just when I start up. Does this seem high? Also, when I go to the Task manager, it reads: 6 gigs but only 4 or 5 gigs are cached. Is this a prob?
Most people think that Vista uses a lot of crap because it's crammed with so much crap. It's not actually "using" this RAM, but preparing it for apps that it thinks you are most likely to open, which helps performance wise.

Back
Top Bottom