RAM question

This little Devil swapped words:

"The Compaq/HP 3300+ (A64) is almost (actually) a 3400+ Newcastle but with only 256KB of L2 cache...

I'm into racing simulation games, or sims. We just recently picked up GTR. I can only run with a few cars and in dry weather, or else there is major lag. Thanks for the replies, by the way. I did get the e-mail before you edited your post, arrizx. The reason I was gonna upgrade this PC (being an HP) is for the reason above. Also, we just can't afford to build a new computer after purchasing this. It would cost a lot, so I thought upgrading this would be cheaper. There will be future sims with much more detail. I don't think we'll ever be able to afford the top-of-the-line stuff while I don't have a job, but I don't need stuff like that PCI SLI Express. I removed part of the case and found out that what is in this for a power supply is a 270W PS. I was thinking of getting an eVGA nVIDIA 6600GT AGP card, one more gig of RAM, and a more powerful power supply (I will need one if I get these upgrades). I can install that stuff, but, like I said, I know pretty much nothing about computers. Now, what about this Sempron? If this isn't a real 64 bit processor, that gets me angry. It says on the front of the case that this uses an AMD Athlon 64 Processor. I also read some stuff about whatever it is in here being an OEM processor. What's that? Sorry for these questions lol. Please help me out, though.

Back
Top Bottom