RAM issue

I have a tohiba portege 4005 laptop. It has a 733 MHZ CPU. It only has 240 MB of RAM and has microsoft office, norton antivirus, norton internet security, AIM, and limewire. It laggs really badd whenever I do anything. I don't have any virus because I scanned with 2 of the top rated programs. It's running below a 300 MHZ in performace. I'm thinking upgrading my RAM to 1 GB would solve this issue. I'm not sure if I could upgrade CPU, but if you knew if that is possible on this laptop, I would defineatly do that. What is the highest you can get for an intel 3. The highest I've seen is 1.3 GHZ.

I doubt that the mobo on the laptop supports 1GB of ram. As it seems to be quite old. U will probably have the choise to add another 256mb stick, which would make it a total of 512mb. That should do fine for the memory, I don't know if u can upgrade the cpu.

But if I were u I'd just get a new laptop. If u don't want to play games with it u can get ones that are good for web browsing etc for quite cheap.

Also reformatting would speed it up.

Back
Top Bottom