Ram Help

Zapdos

In Runtime
I just bought some Comstar Ram 512mb 184pin 400mhz. My mobo says it supports this ram. But, when i unpluged my comp and put it in correctly. After starting my computer up again it made a long irritating BEEP and my monitor stayed black. I then took out the ram and it was fine. How can i get my ram to work.. whats going on?

Have you just got the one stick? Are you adding it to the RAM you already have in the pc? Have you tried it in on its own?

Fixed it sorda. I reset everything to "default" in bios and now it starts up and recognizes it.

you might have had it set to something that it couldn't support, like lowering the speed of the ram, or maybe it was already too high in the BIOS. There must have been something in the timings or maybe you had been OCing not long b4?

Glad its sorted, probably aggressive timings from previous RAM causing problems

one thing thats werid. When i go to bios (to overclock my cpu again) it saves and quites. Then restarts and freezes. So i restart manually and the settings I just OC'd are gone...

the only time i've seen settings just change like that, besides a failing CMOS battery, would be an unsuccessful OC. If your trying to put it back up to what it was OC'ed to before you insalled your new RAM you might be hitting a wall.

try bringing it back up slowly and see if that helps.

I belive most boards do it now to protect your investment. Its nice to know you can't eff up too majorly with protection like that.

Back
Top Bottom