RAM/CPU Proceesor

thomas49th

In Runtime
Building My Own Pc - Help

Hi,
Im going to build a computer and i want to know what is the very best processor you can get or a very good one. Also i have some questions

Is RAM same as CPU.

Is CPU another name for a processor

Is RAM another name for a processor

What happens if your CPU is 2000mhz and your bus speed is only 1.4mhz or your bus speed is 2000mhz and your CPU is only 1.4mhz

What is the best graphics card you can get (that will support t & l) be able to play games such as halflife 2, panzer phase 2.

The minium amount of RAM i'm getting is 2GB what other things do i need to power that?

Will hard drive simply slot into the mother board

What is a good sound card

What is better AT or ATX?

Do i need a CPU cooler if yes does it automatically come with one.

Will the case have a powersupply allready with it?

How many fans do i need. Do they fit in anywhere?

Thx

The best processor? Well it depends on what u need it for. But for overall (gaming, multitasking...) id suggest Amd X2.

Ram is different from CPU.

Yes, CPU is the same as processor

No, ram is the memory in ur computer. So it's different from the CPU.

Don't know

2x7800GTX, for this configuration u need to have a motherboard that supports SLI.

2Gb of ram is very good. To power it? Well if I understand that correcly, u will need PSU (power supply) that gives power to all of the parts in ur computer.

No, harddrives are connected to the mobo with cables, either IDE cables or SATA cables, depending on which one the harddrive uses. All of the new motherboards should be compatible with both IDE and SATA.

I don't know much about sound cards but if u just listen to music and play games u don't have to have a very good card.

Well I gues u can't say which is better AT or ATX. But the more common one is ATX so I'd suggest u get that.

Yes u do need a cooler. And yes they come with one. U can also buy better ones but if u are not going to overclock the stock cooling is going to be fine.

Some cases do have a PSU. Some don't. But if u buy a case with a PSU make sure the PSU is good, something like 450W or 500W for u since u are building a powerfull system.

Fans are optional. They do keep the parts cooler, and the cooler the better performance. And usually cases have places to put them to.

Hope this helps. :)

U should get ddr ram. It's the second newest around, there is also ddr2 but amd processors don't work with them. But ddr is fine. Id suggest getting ddr400, or faster (the bigger the number the faster the ram)
Some good brands are Geil, Kingston, Corsair, OCZ. They might be a little more expensive than some cheap ones but I'd still get one of those brands. Also make sure that ur motherboard supports the ram u are getting.

2 X 512mb means that there is two sticks of 512, so yes it's the same as 1024mb. But 2 x 512 works a little faster than 1 x 1024, and if u get the 2 x 512 as dual channel it is even better. This ofcourse only if ur motherboard supports dual channel.

it's not the processor that needs to be combatible with the RAM it's the motherboard. if you want DDR2 RAM then you will have to get a Intel CPU supporting motherboard that can also support DDR2. no MOBO's(motherboards) that support a AMD CPU support DDR2 yet.

i was looking at processors' BUS speed and adm are upto 2000mhz while intel is only 800mhz(is that fast?)

from here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_cpu.asp

is there any other brand of processors that will support the ram i've chosen? (DDR2)

What would make a system faster:

2000mz bus speed CPU and 1024mb of RAM

OR

800mhz bus speed CPU and 2048mb of RAM

OR does BUS speed not really matter that mich?

Thx

P.S:
What happens if your CPU is 2000mhz and your bus speed is only 1.4mhz or your bus speed is 2000mhz and your CPU is only 1.4mhz

Does anybody know a mobo that will support DDR2 that will support this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1206040

AND what does the speed mean because there is 2 and the one with 3.60ghz is cheaper than the one with 3.4ghz?

ie:

SPEED INTERFACE BUS SPEED PRICE
650 / 3.4Ghz Socket 775 800MHz $429.99
560 / 3.60GHz Socket 775 800MHz $425.99

whttp://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_cpu.asp

Do all Disk Drives ect go into PCI ports if no what does go into PCI ports?

Thx

Back
Top Bottom