Raising the notch....

deepthroat

In Runtime
Raising the bar....

My AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz, 266 MHz FSB, processor broke-in the other day, I noticed the usual temperature was 3 degrees lower than it usually is, so what I did was raise the core speed by 10 MHz more than it was 2.09, to 2.10 GHZ 280 MHz FSB, which puts my processor 20 MHz above the Barton 2800+, I just thought you guys should be the first to know.

If you have a personal achievement on overclocking and would like to share it, please feel free to post it here...

Thank you,
deepthroat

"My AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz, 266 MHz FSB, processor broke-in the other day, I noticed the usual temperature was 3 degrees lower than it usually is, so what I did was raise the core speed by 10 MHz more than it was 2.09, to 2.10 GHZ 280 MHz FSB"

Get a chip with an unlocked multiplyer means that you can get 2.30 GHZ!!!!!

:cool:

My best overclocking story is using a P1 - 133MHz MMX.

I had a combination that overclocked it to 233MHz with no problems. Not much heat, raised the voltage to help in lowering the temp.

Perfect.

I actually made three other computers with the 133MHz chip @ 233MHz and sold them when I was in college.

People loved them.

A certain batch of those chips weren't locked on the multiplier but the core speed was locked at 66MHz.

66 x 2 =133
66 x 3.5 = 233 (actually 231, but it registered as 233).

That's 75% improvement!!!

HaloMaster2004,

It really isn't that hard, it's just a little risky.
What you do, is set the the multipliers and core voltage at a speed that is desirable for you.

There are many combinations, multipliers=15 x FSB=133=2.0 GHz cpu.
I suggest just raising the FSB about 7 MHz past it's current speed.

You will find the FSB settings under BIOS, then look for clock settings, there should be a FSB in parenthesis (133) that is timed by 2, giving you a 266 MHz FSB.
Look under your BIOS and try to locate the cpu control panel, there you will find Voltage settings, FSB control, and multiplier controls.

Reply back if you have more problems.

at stock, it mark 1.7 when i notch it up to 133, it said in system specs: 1.67....wtf? and then i turn another notch and it got to 1.75...what now master? lol

dude!!! it is right now at 1.90 Ghz and is not even warm! should i leave like that until i buy a fan for the CPU? or should i take to the next nevel 2.0 Ghz?
your call my man!

Back
Top Bottom