Raid 1

Copperhead

In Runtime
so i kno that if i set up raid 1 it will back up so if one drive fails i can continue to operate until i get it replaced.

but i am wondering if i have RAID 1 set up will it speed up my computer?

i was wondering because ud think it could be running the same program off 2 hdd's at the same time and have it go twice as fast...but does that only work in raid 0 or what?

oh and i also have a question. could i set up 2 raid 1's (i.e. could i set up 2 80gb's in raid 1 and 2 250's at the same time in a 'seperate' raid 1). and if i cant could i have one big hdd in raid 1 with the 250gb and the 80gb so that the big hdd would be a mirror of the 250 and the 80 at the same time

thanks a lot

No, raid 1 wont make your computer faster, because your still cathcing everything off of one harddrive, not 2, only when you save something, your using both...

yeah i deffinatly need backup, i just like the idea of having real time back up instantly whatever i do

how much faster does RAID 0 make my computer. would anyone 'highly recommend' it?

I recommend it. You can also do RAID 0+1, which, if I'm not mistaken, is having two sets of drives running in RAID 0, and one set is the main, and one set is the copy of the main set. It requires 4 hard drives (preferably of the same size and storage capacity; but is really the best of both worlds). You'd probably want to use the exact same hard drives throughout.

well im just gonna do raid 1 on my 80 and back up to an external off the 250

its not like raid 1's gonna slow down my computer right (its the hdd that runs windows and has all my programs)

Back
Top Bottom