RAID 0 question

Ok.

The OP was asking about RAID 0 and also mentioned video editing. Which suggests that they require the increased read/write speed. So RAID 1 wouldn't be necessary.

RAID 0 might give you an increased read/write speed and the only way to see if this array is for you is to give it a try.

RAID 1 is only useful for those that want to mirror important data across two drives.

I use RAID 1 to know I'm safe :)
I don't notice any slow down in games, etc.

The only times I've noticed a difference is when installing games, where its SLIGHTLY slower at doing so.

But, in real world performance, theres nothing really in it. Least, not that I've noticed.

I wouldn't trust RAID 0 for a second, but I would probably try 5 or 10.

I would only use RAID1 or RAID10. I just don't trust hard drives, especially after one of my Seagates started clicking after just a month of having it. :rolleyes:

The only thing annoying about having RAID 1, is if the computer crashes, and you have to reset, chances are, it'll have to run through a re-build, which if your hard drives are big (mine are 320gb's), it can take 2 hours or so.
The computer remains operable, but its like 3x slower while its doing it.

The only thing annoying about having RAID 1, is if the computer crashes, and you have to reset, chances are, it'll have to run through a re-build, which if your hard drives are big (mine are 320gb's), it can take 2 hours or so.
The computer remains operable, but its like 3x slower while its doing it.

I would rather wait 3 hours for the RAID to rebuild than to spend several days reinstalling applications and restoring back-ups of very crucial data. Just the security of it all makes it worth those pesky couple of hours.

Yeah, thats what I think in the end. Luckily, this thing doesn't crash very often

I stand corrected.

you stand at your computer. lol just jokeing,

as for the question, you want a backup. i really want to get a backup drive for my pc but am broke. do you have the same drive to backup or just drive with the same gb?????????????

Back
Top Bottom