Radeon vs. Geforce

Geforce, simply because they tend to be more refined and not run as hot and perform perfectly. Also, CATALYST official drivers and kinda shabby, nVidia Forceware are usually very good. The 7800GTX is a prime example. It runs decently cool and very refined. Technology is unbelieveable.

As budget GPUs go, the x800 rules in the $200 and under rank. You can get one for the same price as a 6600gt, and it has 4 more pixel pipelines, and twice the memory (the memory is also twice as fast), as the 6600gt, insane performance for not much money.

I agree that catalyst is not a very good driver and geforce is more refined but i think the x 800 and x850 are very good deals

I'll say it again... change your sig to 5 lines... forum rules. Or david or the mods do it for you... no offense but it happens dude...

Yeah I don't have anything against ATI, I mean they make some awesome cards, but their drivers have just all kinds of problems and can be very unstable. My 6600 GT on the other hand, was not only cheap, but performs flawlessly in some of the more extreme games while running on high settings.

Well, I have never used a graphics card other than integrated and my radeon 9600.....I like the Catalyst drivers but I am not gaming with them so I don't know.

Yeah, the 6600gt is a good card. Would've gotten it, but my mobo supports ati better than nvidia, which is also why it runs so well. I oc'ed too, so it's even better, almost at normal x850 level...

I personally like ATI for the reason that they have great graphics at a low cost. The down with ATI as said earlier is their heat and their drivers. To fix this buy a good guality agp fan for a mere 15-25 bucks and for drivers use the omegadrivers. I bought my ati 9800 pro for 152 dollars+ a 20 dollar fan= a 172 dollar modern video card that runs very well.

Back
Top Bottom