Radeon Catalyst problems

Washington

In Runtime
First of all hello everybody. First time here for me, but with the list of problems I have probably nowhere near the last!

I seem to be having a problem with the catalyst drivers from ATI with my radeon graphics card. I installed the card (Sapphire Radeon 9550 AGPx8 256mb) when I got it last November with Catalyst 4.08 and everything was fine. I then updated the driver to 4.10 and still no problems. However everytime I try to update to 4.11 or above when I reboot my pc is slow to respond and the CPU meter is showing 60 - 100% usage with only task manager running.

Anyway earlier this week I tried to install a Sapphire Radeon x700 256mb card which was supplied with Catalyst 5.4. When I rebooted exactly the same problem occurred. 60 - 100% CPU usage. I uninstalled the drivers and ran cleandriver 3 in safe mode to completely remove any trace of previous drivers and tried again, but with the same result.

Is there any solutions to this problem? I am running Windows XP Professional, AMD XP2600, 1GB Ram on a ASUS A7V8X-X. Any help would be appreciated

hey!...welcome to CF.....about your drivers......are you using ati's own drivers???.....if you are try using some other drivers like omega drivers....you can find them at omegadrivers.net

Yeah, try using other 3rd party drivers like Omega Drivers...the Catalyst Drivers are known to be kinda loco.

Thanks for that, but yes. I have tried both the original ATI drivers and omega drivers, but got the same result. Can't understand why 4.10 will work, but nothing above?

Back
Top Bottom