Radar Detectors?

Yeah tom took the words right outta my mouth radar detectors are only good when the cops are actually using them so like you said on the highway they are useful but back roads and in town basically useless but the big tickets usually come from the back roads and not the highway so I won't be buying one ever again. Also the last one I had went off all the time in town for things in banks and other various business's which made me not ever use it. I just try to stay at pace with traffic or have a really good BS excuse why you were speeding already practiced because in town if you are speeding and a cop pulls you over if you say something like my mom was just in an accident and I am tryin to get to the hospital to see her 9 outta 10 times the cop will let ya go...

P.S. I wouldn't personally use that excuse cuz ya never know it may just come true Karma is a BAD THING... Maybe use my GF or Wife is having a baby right now and I'm trying to get there fast Its my first and I dont wanna miss it....:D:D:D

if you say that to the cops here they will take you with lights so that you dont get in a accident then they will check your storie if u lied you get ur speeding ticket and a ticket for liein to them fualse evidence i think it is

but back to the topic i paid 150 for my radar detector and i pick up speed traps 1-5 miles away and mine tells me how far away they are i drive mostly interstates at night i set my cruse at 115 and 2300rpm turn on the radar and get home i hardly ever see another person and my radar work in town if you come to a store that has auto opening doors it will set it off for 1 block but thats onlly if ur right infrount of the store im more then happy with mine iv only gotten 1 speeding ticket and i got it cuz i didnt have my radar in that vehical it was just a 2 over ticket f^ckin ass hole cops what dumb ass cop wrights a ticket for 2 over

I'm not going to read this thread.

However, the difference between cheap and not-so-cheap is the bands of detection, and distance it detects and how it detects. Some need direct line of sight, and others provide 360 degree protection. The more expensive ones actually can detect the radar beam so they can see cops around corners perse.

And the illegal things you think your buddy is talking about is actually a radar or laser jammer. What those do is actually stop the detector from detecting. They are very illegal to use. However perfectly legal to own and install. Never to use though.

Both my parents are cops so I know when I tell you he following..... They are trained in the acadamy for when they pull you over, they are 'supposed' to make their mind up before they speak to you if they are going to issue a ticket or not. Thats never how it works. To many variables. However, it is for sure said that if they were going to let you off before hand, and walk up and see a laser detector or jammer in the dash you will get a ticket for sure. And if you do get pulled over, and they see you fumbling around trying to hide it, and they will think its any number of things. Will probably get out pulled out of the car and completely searched within legal reason.

Food for thought.

you can get detectors and jammers that install behind the grill and run threw ur sound system noone can tell there there unless they take ur car apart but they are more exspensive like 300+ if ur gunna do that id wire it threw a lil flip switch so you can shut it off eazly

Yeah, I looked at one that was installed in the grill of a corvette. Its was amazing, and the cost was asinine.

Back
Top Bottom