Quote this

Post the specs and pictures and also the link. It's okay to post the link, but also have other things, not just the link alone.

Specs

Case-Antec Sonata 2
Motherboard-Asus P4-P800 E Deluxe
CPU-Pentium 4 3.2GHZ HT
RAM-Corsair VAlue Select 1GB
Video Card- XFX Nvidia 6800GT 256MB AGP
Soundcard-Soundblaster Audigy 2
TV Tuner-XFX Nvidia TV Tuner
HardDrive-80GB Western Digital
Power Supply- Antec 500Watt
Monitor-LG Flatron L1751S 17"
Keyboard and Mouse- Microsoft Elite Wireless
Operating System-Windows XP Home Edition

Oh wow, that's not a bad computer...too bad I have no money for a whole computer or I would consider using it as a Folding@Home machine. :D

$800-$1,000. I'm sure it cost more than that, but the value of hardware decreases over time, and obivously that isn't new hardware.

yeah imma try to get like 1400 at the most.. it has 1 problem like it takes a full 2 minutes to boot like all the way and 55 seconds of it are on the bios screen like on other computers a HP or like DELL screen u know what could cause that?

Try defragmenting your hard drive. Download Microsoft Bootvis and run it. It helps (I shaved a few seconds from that).

Go to Start > All Programs > Startup and delete all the stuff there. What that does is clear out the programs that start up when you login.

After that, go to Start > Run > type "msconfig" and click on BOOT.INI and find the box that says "/NOGUIBOOT" and click it. That takes out that Windows XP flag and loading bar we've all seen for the past 5 years. It also speeds up boot time.

Go to the Startup tab and uncheck programs you know you won't need at startup. That will save time.

Go to the Services tab and uncheckmark the programs that you know you don't need either. If you're not sure which ones are vital, click on the box on the bottom that says "Hide All Microsoft Services" so you won't accidentally prevent some critial OS program from starting.

One of the most basic things is to just to a complete anti-virus and anti-spyware sweep of your computer. Those buggers also slow down your computer's boot time and performance.

Back
Top Bottom