Quitting Smoking

well, smoking for 6 months and 6 years are totally different, but I see what you are saying.

I started at about the age of 19 (I'm 25 now) and before that I'd smoked a few with the neighborhood kids over the time of 2-3 years. This isn't the only time I've tried to quit either, I've tried a couple times with no success, I'm convinced that this time will be the last. And I will say this, and I'm sure anyone who's ever tried to quit, or has quit will tell you, I wish I'd never started.

It's amazing the hold that cigarettes have on a person. The kinds of things that you go through when you quit and your body is recovering is amazing. My body is getting rid of all those chemicals I've inhaled every hour for the past 6 years and I'm tired and hurting but optimistic that things will be better.

Edit: I forgot to mention that once the weather gets better I am going to start biking.

They will I highly suggest you hit the gym. Get movitated get a proper work otu rountie and you will look at a pack like if I smoke that my bench or squat of deaflift would suffer or my mile would suffer. I honsetly feel that it wasn't that they didn't grab hold of me. Just that the hype around smoking for me kinda died down. I don't intend on going back see no point in a cig besides having somthing to hold in your hands which is why a lot of studies show carrying a pen with you or somthing so you can hold it and accompy your hands is good. My dad quit smoking he would always carry loipops, and pens. He'd always have a pen in his hand a loipop in his mouth. It worked he spent 20 years smoking and went cold turkey with pens, and loipops.

Yeah, keeping your mouth and hands moving is a big part of it too. Chewing gum helps too, I've been doing a lot of that lately.

I have a weight bench in my house, although I haven't used it in years and I edited my last post and said I was going to start biking when the weather gets better. I took a run the other day and man, it made me feel better.

Yea, I go to the gym a lot. Frankly i'd rather have a better bench then pay money for a pack of cigs.

I think smoking is kind of pathetic paying to get yourself killed by cancer

Fortunatly I don't smoke, and I never plan to start. I just can't imagine why anybody that knows the dangers, would ever start. It just amazes me.

You were going through a withdrawal period. I'm trying to get my coworker to quit too. He want to quit smoking but he gets real anal if someone try to tell him all the time. This guys needs to quit on his own.

Lol coworker remember second hand smokers get more damage, i just cant stand the odor of cigars.

THe funny part is, there's no smoking at work. No one's allowed to smoke. He sneaks into a shed somewhere and lights one up. He calls it his "office". Everytime he goes in there he always brings a can of air freshner with him. Takes a puff and spray, takes a puff and spray, etc. So hilarious.

Watch your food intake. Your mind will try to find a subsitute for the smoke. Be self aware.

Back
Top Bottom