quiet parts in my new comp....

toias123

Baseband Member
Just built my new comp and can't help but notice that the HDD is quite noisy. Is this the HDD itself or the case being poor acoustically?
Also anyone know any dvdrw that don't make the noise of a tank when you put a cd in?

cheers

you can try going to the hard drive manufactures site, and see if they have any downloadable tools to quite the drive.

i've never owned a dvd drive so, can't offer you any insight there. as for the noise, chances are, the hdd is the culprit, not the case.

well it really depends. The hdd can make the noise, but the noise can also be because the hdd is vibrating a little and then the mounting on the case sucks so those together create noise. But my 1st gues would be that it's just the hdd, nothing to do with the case.

But how do u mount the hdd into the case? If it's laying on some metal plates u could try putting something like a thin piece of rubber between the hdd and the case.

I posted a thread about my hd needing replacement because it's making weird noises but nobody bothered to respond.

It's a Maxtor 6Y080L0 7200 rpm serial ATA-133, but everywhere I look, nobody is selling ata-133 anymore. What is compatable with my computer?

Please help.

Well, try this:

Take the HDD out and power it on outside the case. If it's noisy, the HDD is causing it, if not, the Case is.

RunningOver said:
I posted a thread about my hd needing replacement because it's making weird noises but nobody bothered to respond.

It's a Maxtor 6Y080L0 7200 rpm serial ATA-133, but everywhere I look, nobody is selling ata-133 anymore. What is compatable with my computer?

Please help.

ata-133 = IDE
there is plenty of IDE hdd's around.

Back
Top Bottom