Quiet Computer/Mid tower < $100

superman22x

Golden Master
So I am going to Michigan Tech Friday. My case is dented cause my dad got pissed once and ripped it out... anyway, I am looking for something else. Since my case is dented, the side doesnt stay on, which I am sure doesn't help cooling, and makes it very loud.
I am thinking about getting another case. Might not buy it until break because of time constraints though.
What would you recommend for under $100? Need room for an 8800GTS 512mb and 4 harddrives at least. I have a 120mm and 2 80mm fans that can go in the new case, but I might eliminate those for the winter because the winters in the Upper Peninsula are a little cold to put it nicely.

I just bought a new computer about a month ago and I got a Cooler Master CM690. I got it for like $80 and it's been very good to me so far. Lots of room and a well designed case all in all.

I've also heard a lot of good things about the 900 that cboucher suggested.

Might want to look into a case with a 200mm fan in it, most people think they are loud, but they are actually pretty quiet. They move tons of air without needing to spin at high RPMs, which drastically reduces noise.

That cooler master looks good, and so does the Antec. Maybe water cooling would be quiet, lol. I like leaving my computer on at night, but idk if my roomy will like that. I hate having to boot Vista up, it's quite slow... Maybe 7 will be better when I get that.

Bump for some more suggestions.

NZXT Apollo

I have one of these and I've built a machine for a friend with one in a different color. I'm very happy with it, and it's fairly quiet because all the fans are 120mm.

Plus it looks really cool :)

Antec 900

Set all the fans to "low" and you can't hear a thing.

this is a great case (personal opinion of course, but most of the answers in this thread will be), last week IIRC Best Buy was clearing out all the "old" Antec 900s because of "end of life", they now carry the Antec 900 Two, or something like that, and want to clear out all the old stock of the predecessor, $70 if your local BB has any left, if not this COOLER MASTER ELITE 335 RC is a great buy for $40 with free shipping...

Back
Top Bottom